GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saddam Hussein Executed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/12/06 at 03:49
Regular
BBC Article

Apparently he died less than an hour ago. Any comments?
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Kawada wrote:
> Unless we're all some alien races slaves anyway :-)

Thats more likely than people giving up religion. People actually taking responsibilty for their own lives instead of trusting in some absent father figure like a lost child? It'll never happen.
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'd hope that in a thousand years the human race would have gotten past the silly notion of religion (apart from Buddhism, the only one that makes sense) :-D

Plus we'll have warp drives and all that so a planet for every race/nation therefore we can all leave each other the hell alone.

Unless we're all some alien races slaves anyway :-)
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:21
Regular
Seifer wrote:
> So does that make Saddam a martyr now?

It probably does.
Just think -- in a thousand years when/if Islam is the dominant force in the world, he may even be elevated to the status of a saint. That could be his ultimate fate. All Empires crumble and all that. USA will be no different.

when/if . question mark
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:41
Regular
So does that make Saddam a martyr now?
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:07
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> No but you know it is true. It's a lot worse for them now.
>
> No I dont know its true. And unless in your reply you're going
> to be telling us about your years living in pre and post war
> Iraq you dont really know either.

So I can't know something just because I haven't experienced it first hand, oh dear. Open your eyes dude.
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:06
Regular
It is quite cold but we need proof these people are dead. I still haven't watched it yet. I think prison would have been a worse fate tbh.
Sun 31/12/06 at 08:21
Regular
"Laughingstock"
It's horrible seeing someone being coldly led to their murder - I mean, their execution. No matter what they've done, it's not a nice thing to see.

Killing someone for crimes against humanity seems contradictory to me.
And on the subject of crimes against humanity - how many deaths have been caused by US/UK bombs and gunfire in this invasion of Iraq ... thousands? tens of thousands?

D'you think the crimes-against-humanity label can be slapped on Bush and Blair's heads too.
Sun 31/12/06 at 03:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
what's the point? it's a bit part in a calvacade of violence.
Sat 30/12/06 at 22:40
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, I guess it was coming to this. Ironic that he suppoedly came rather close to being killed in a bombing raid at the start of Hostilities...

Is it a good thing? Well, it may either make Baathists and their allies (I can never remember who the Shias, Sunnis or Shi'ites align with) either angry or at a loss for a cause. If anything, it's way too late, seeing the anarchy the country has fallen into over the past few years.

How late? More than ten years, Shrub Senior should have done a full-scale invasion when he could have in the Gulf War, at a time with less of this terrorist malarkey... it's hard to say what would have happened then though as well.

The conclusion? It's all well and truly f'ed up, but I'm glad to see the end of him, although wary of what comes next.
Sat 30/12/06 at 20:46
Regular
"boofy them"
really not sure. when i saw the pictures on the news this morning it made me feel weird and turn a way. Do we really need to see a human being just about to be executed? i think the media is going too far these days.

I personally don't agree with the death penalty, but it think that we should respect countries that have it as law. On this particluar case I find it had to see what other option there was. rehabilitation - out of the question. punishment - keeping him locked up until he died? - would this give some hope and encouragement to his supporters?

and then there is the iraqi people - do they need to see these pictures to be able to move on and make saddam history? - Thats another thing, will he eventually become a role-model some for youth, just like hitler has? Do we need to learn from these people and try to understand what makes them do the things they do?

so in answer to your question, i don't agree with the death penalty, but then i am sitting in my nice warm house, on my nice laptop - if i was in iraq with nothing and my family were all dead then maybe i would have a different opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.