GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY ATTRACT PEOPLE TO SHOPS - WINNERS ANNOUNCED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 16:32
Regular
As the adjudicating officer for the retail store extra Gameaday prize(s) I, The Only Tony, hereby declare the official results of this competition.

While the quantity of entries was high the quality was "none too hot" with many "fantasy schemes" often involving females.

I must disallow any general suggestions of games championships as we did these last year and we are running them this year. I would have taken a different view if the ideas for these had been worked up into fully suggestions (with details).

As I am judging this I can hardly award my own "Two Can Play at This" idea the prize - though undoubtedly we will use something similar for an "introduce a friend" incentive.

YH had a good notion about working with schools and Meka came up with "People are Stupid" idea to give safety advice with every game!

Rakuga deserves a mention for persistence and I particularly liked his suggestion of a One Day Sale. IF we decide to do that then he will get a prize. The problem with one day sales is that once people get used to (even) lower prices they are resistant to buying at the normal prices.

Rakuga also suggested giving better directions to the shops.

I liked Namostar's idea of placing addresses of the shops on internet banners. We'll use this so Namostar - you are A WINNER.

The second winner is Fantasy Meister. He made a couple of reasonable suggestions including better promotion of Reddies. But his idea which caught my imagination was to print an 8 digit number on the receipts for people to match with a number on the internet. This gives us the possibility of running Gameaday in the shops. I'm not sure if we will actually use it but it is the best idea (in my view).

A difficult competition which has clearly stretched imaginations to the limit. Thank you for entering.

Congratulations to NAMOSTAR and FANTASY MEISTER and I won't forget Rakuga IF we use the one day sale idea.

These are the original rules.

The next amazing Special Reserve competition (another one!) is to suggest ideas for attracting people into our Big Club Shops.

The main objective here is to think about the cost effectiveness of your ideas. In order for them to work they need to be, yes you guessed it, low on cost and high on impact.

If you haven't visited all or any of our shops then get yourself down to your local shop and check them out! Visit our Big Club Shops page for further details: http://special.reserve.co.uk/common/shops/shopsindex.php

This competition is open for 1 month and the best ideas that we USE will win a game as part of GAMEADAY. If no ideas are used then I will pick 1 winner that I deem the best.

CLOSING DATE: 27th July 2001 *********MIDNIGHT*********

The challenge has been set. Good luck!
Page:
Tue 24/07/01 at 09:32
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Make it look like there's roadworks on the road and have a little detour sign pointing to the shops..
*conplete silence*

Okay, bad idea.
Mon 23/07/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
cooldogs wrote:
> Just had a superb idea, Have computers in your shops with internet
> access. This would be really good, because if you sign up with AOL
> you can use the internet all the time, and it will only cost you
> £14.99 permont, and you can charge everyone £1 for every
> 15 mins. So all you need is fifeteen people to use the comp, and pay
> the mony and you've made 1p. This will atract people to yur stores,
> especially when they are using your services to get their computers
> fixed,a nd they can check their E-Mail at the same time.

suggested this idea but suggested they use Freeola to encourage people to use their isp as well as pocketing money for them using it :)
see it's a good idea! :D
Mon 23/07/01 at 15:49
Just had a superb idea, Have computers in your shops with internet access. This would be really good, because if you sign up with AOL you can use the internet all the time, and it will only cost you £14.99 permont, and you can charge everyone £1 for every 15 mins. So all you need is fifeteen people to use the comp, and pay the mony and you've made 1p. This will atract people to yur stores, especially when they are using your services to get their computers fixed,a nd they can check their E-Mail at the same time.
Mon 23/07/01 at 15:28
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Idea 39:
In the ODeon cinema in Chelmsford they have these freebie postcards. Make a Special Reserve one people can pick up with say Gran Turismo 3 on front. Then on back say "Get this top game for just..." and tell them where to find you. Litter all the Odeons near your shops with these if possible.
Thu 19/07/01 at 10:34
Why not hold a best computer gamer competition right in your shops for people who are up to the challenge.
Just think about having a Mario Tennis, doubles and singles, or ISS tournament - it would be so popular and the prize could be a Special Reserve trophy and the game of their choice.
And while people are waiting for their turn they could check out the great prices around the shop.
The different tournaments can be held across a few weeks or so advertised by posters listing all the dates, in the magazine and on the internet. People who haven't played the game before can come and have a go and if they like it, they'll see the good price for it and probaly buy it.
On other days you could hold an 'Ultimate Challenge' for the true gamers. These could be the fastest time in a game or something like that. The best could be in the final and play the Special Reserve Staff and get the chance to win a bundle of goodies!
I think this idea would be great fun for everyone and would be a success and if a pokemon tournament was held it would be a big success.
Thu 19/07/01 at 00:08
Regular
I'm with ya all the way!

Whoooo Style! wrote:
we'll hand out leaflets, talk to people and
even drag them to the nearest shop if we have to.

Miss out the first 2 stages, lets just drag em to the nearest shop, that sounds like fun! :)
Thu 19/07/01 at 00:02
Regular
"How Handy."
I think you should pay for us all here in FOG to come down and work round town for a day, we'll hand out leaflets, talk to people and even drag themn to the nearest shop if we have to. Who's with me guys??
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:55
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Put diversion signs in a 1 mile radius of the shop on all roads so people are forced to your shop.

Failing that put a lot of fit women outside the shop in revealing clothes enticing men into the shop......................then lock the door.
And the women can do the same again.

Or you could put a rule that if u park on the car park you must buy something from the shop and they need a recipt to exit the car park (much like Safeway stores)
Hey it's get a sale!
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:08
Regular
OK serious one now............

You could turn the shop into one of those pound shops and sell everything for £1. When stock is low zip over to Electronic Boutique and steal all their stuff.

Very cost effective and Great Impact as everyone is happy.....except EB...but then who cares about them?!
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:03
Regular
Open the Shop!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.