GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt - BANNED!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 30/07/04 at 16:34
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Due to the death of a boy by a killer who was influenced by Manhunt, Manhunt has now been taken off of the shelves.

Your views??

As never playing the game i would like details of the actual gameplay if anyone can be bothered to get of their dimples to tell me
Tue 03/08/04 at 22:41
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Manhunt is possibly the worst game I've ever played.
> It's like they took every irritating, crap idea from all the average
> games ever made and put them all together - chuck in some violence
> and lots of swearing and we've got a hit.

Yes. Although one could say the same of Ape Escape, Spike swears when double-jumping, but you don't see 11 year olds running around with nets trying to catch monkeys.
Tue 03/08/04 at 20:29
"period drama"
Manhunt is possibly the worst game I've ever played.
It's like they took every irritating, crap idea from all the average games ever made and put them all together - chuck in some violence and lots of swearing and we've got a hit.
Tue 03/08/04 at 19:25
Regular
"boom boom click"
Manhunt is a class game u just gotta get into it! i bought it on the first day. (if its rockstar its good!) and loved it but banning it is extreme and BTW i heard it was because of Hitman that he was killed! (i also love that game) and i agree if its banned its gonna be more wanted by gamers!
Mon 02/08/04 at 21:39
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Oh well. Its a poor game anyways. I played demo and it was more entertaining to watch paint dry.
Mon 02/08/04 at 18:44
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Asher wrote:
> Banning games just makes people want to play them more.

Yeah I know, I went down to tesco today and manhunt was sold out and last week they had over 20 copies
Mon 02/08/04 at 16:18
"Was UW."
I've had the game since the 1st week it came out. I don't have an urge to kill someone. The media has blamed things like these for ages - It won't change. The people who believe their crap are really stupid - the people's opinion is based simply on what they have been given through the TV, newspaper or interent and NOT what they have experienced through the game.

Just forget it now: Rockstar rule. The campaign against violent games won't go far.

UW.
Sun 01/08/04 at 21:00
Regular
It's all a load of bullisht, you don't need a videogame to inspire you to kill someone, otherwise like what are all the thousands of other murderers doing? They were all inspired by their own reason, be it hatred or whatever.

What it all boils down to is the person and how they've been raised. If that Mother was dumb enough to raise a child and not stress the importance of not copying what you see on TV or the importance of how wrong it is to kill someone we wouldn't have this problem. It's your fault cos your a lousy mother, nothing to do with a game.
Sun 01/08/04 at 20:57
Regular
Banning games just makes people want to play them more.
Sun 01/08/04 at 12:20
Regular
"mmmmmm Vincent!!!!!"
If I had a 14 year old child, they would have been in bed for 9.30! As for meeting two women, why didn't they think about WHY they were meeting two women at a park!!! Some parents sicken me.
Sun 01/08/04 at 12:16
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Coin wrote:
> They should also ban;
>
> Alcahol; Cars; Cutlery; Tools; Weapons; Wooden Objects; Machinery
> with exposed bits; Medicine; Soft Drinks; Strong Lights; Coffee;
> Documentaries and all form of media.
>
> Then everybody would love everybody.

With the addition of a smidgen of ecstasy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.