GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt - BANNED!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 30/07/04 at 16:34
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Due to the death of a boy by a killer who was influenced by Manhunt, Manhunt has now been taken off of the shelves.

Your views??

As never playing the game i would like details of the actual gameplay if anyone can be bothered to get of their dimples to tell me
Fri 30/07/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Achilles wrote:
> To be honest who would be stupid enough to actually do that.

The boy was obviously mentally unstable and should not have had access to Manhunt, but he did and it influenced him to do a copycat killing, and it was a copycat killing, there's an obvious link.

I think there's a strong chance of Manhunt being banned completely, especially since GAME have removed it from their shelves; I wonder if SR are going to follow suit.

I don't mind if Manhunt gets banned as I do think it's a pretty sick game, I did try it but I didn't like it and traded it for something else, however if it does get banned then what next? I read in the papers today that because Manhunt has been removed from some stores, the victims mother is looking to take action against other violent games.

If Rockstar do get sued for this, and get sued bad then it could effect games like San Andreas and any other games they have on their development schedule. I have nothing against Manhunt being banned, but I just hope that it doesn't effect any future games that may be likely to cause slight offence to anyone. Next people will want racing games banned to reduce accidents on the road.
Fri 30/07/04 at 21:42
"Was UW."
Wakka wrote:
> It is brilliant.

Agreed
Fri 30/07/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
I dont really care. I already have a treasured copy :)

To be honest who would be stupid enough to actually do that. One of the best things in life is gaming ( For me ) and the worst thing is actually taking it seriously.
Fri 30/07/04 at 21:15
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
It is brilliant.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah, but then there'd be no GTA.

I hope someone brutally murders you...
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:39
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Manhunt is DISGUSTING.

I hope someone BRUTALLY MURDERS the developers of such a SICK game.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Bicycle"
Wow, yet another thread. READ THE OTHER THREADS. On this exact topic.

Plus it hasn't been banned, it's just being reviewed.
Fri 30/07/04 at 16:50
Regular
BREAKING NEWS
Fri 30/07/04 at 16:34
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Due to the death of a boy by a killer who was influenced by Manhunt, Manhunt has now been taken off of the shelves.

Your views??

As never playing the game i would like details of the actual gameplay if anyone can be bothered to get of their dimples to tell me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.