GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt - BANNED!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 30/07/04 at 16:34
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Due to the death of a boy by a killer who was influenced by Manhunt, Manhunt has now been taken off of the shelves.

Your views??

As never playing the game i would like details of the actual gameplay if anyone can be bothered to get of their dimples to tell me
Thu 05/08/04 at 19:05
Regular
omg, i cant believe the mother lied live on the news like that, "i have heard that the killers m8's described the killer as obsesed with the game", it was her sons game found in her sons bedroom.
No wonder she never mentioned blame upon parents for allowing children to have the game, cause she put it in his stocking for Christmas!
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:08
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
If this boy killed himself because of Manhunt, he shouldn't have been able to play the game anyway as he is clearly a psychopath.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
This has struck a nerve.

It's still way beyond my comprehension how a video game can be blamed for someone who:
1. Picks up a harmful object(consciously)
2. Looks for a target(consciously)
3. Strikes(consciously)?!
It is absolutely abismal! You have to be pretty mentally screwed up to even get past stage 2, even if it's a case of revenge. Who are these morons that listen to such bull and make it a case, so much so it makes the main headlines on the news? Can't they somehow get it into their dense masts that this is just a G-A-M-E they're on about and not some kind of moral disabling kit? And in this case, why not blame the person who sold Manhunt to someone underaged rather than blame it on the game itself because the perpetrator "apparently", although a whole 17 years of age, could not make the right choices and think for himself, not even to differentiate a bald-headed mongrel on the run stabbing and killing people (who wasn't very well detailed to be honest) from what you should do in real life. I think someone needed to tell this kid if it really was the game that influenced him that it's not a day at school, you're not supposed to learn from games, especially Manhunt sort of games. It's only a bit of fun.

It's time for someone more established to set the record straight and not someone just stuck in front of a keyboard. Only very young kids (from birth to about 14, 15) and looney toons can go too far and let their imagination run wild to even think to copy something they saw from a videogame, especially one with an 18 certificate, which once you see tells you straight away that it's going to be a bit of the grimy and adult kind of fun, so kiddies, why bother? Just stick to Mario, Sonic and racing games and stuff, don't come and ruin our chances of seeing more GTAs and other Rockstar gems. If I catch ya playing a game you shouldn't I might just blast you away with a double-barrel shotgun like I did this guy on The Getaway about half an hour back.

Yup, that's how stupid it sounds. Videogames can never be to blame. Blame yourself for not raising your kid right, showing them what's right and wrong, spending time with them and giving them treats so they listen to you more. Don't always look for the easy way out and try and bring down an industry growing in numbers, getting better otherwise how are we ever going to enjoy Call Of Duty online again?

Humans are their own worst enemy I tell ya!
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:04
Regular
"boom boom click"
Whats wrong with it? you have to play through at least 4 levels to fully get into it and once u do its amazing! you should all give it a go. Vice city is better though! Anyway y wasnt VC banned thats violent innit?
Thu 05/08/04 at 13:25
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
This is the universe's way of telling us it's a bad game.
Thu 05/08/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Get it. Now.
Thu 05/08/04 at 12:56
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
KR wrote:
> i need to get it

I beg of you, don't.
Thu 05/08/04 at 08:06
Regular
"boom boom click"
If u want it so bad go on ebay or amazon. they will still sell it.
Thu 05/08/04 at 00:29
Regular
i need to get it
Wed 04/08/04 at 22:49
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Well it was a crap game, so I don't really care.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.