GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Tue 03/08/04 at 15:47
Regular
Everybody:

You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got.
Set them free at the break of dawn
'Til one by one, they were gone.
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, Something's out there.
Floating in the summer sky.
99 red balloons go by.

Donkey Konga is set to hit European shores this Christmas, along with Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2. UK gamers are also treated to the long over due release of Animal Crossing and the GBA titles Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Nintendo's childish image may save a potentially bad Christmas. Sony's flagship release is GTA:SA and Microsoft's is of course Halo 2. These are the sequels to the games that single handidly sold the respective consoles. Nintendo are relying on a unique Mario outing and the more hardcore favourite Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. A multiplayer may increase popularity but nit enough to triumph over the 2 AAA titles for the X-box and PS2.

Lucky for Nintendo both the games with Halo 2's online capabilities and GTA 5's horrific content the games are soley aimed at 15 plus (even if it is illegal). The children and parent buying population will turn to Nintendo with Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, Zelda: Four Swords and Paper Mario 2... games with a very childish appeal.

So Christmas may not be a disaster but who cares? I am not bothered that Mario's paper outing may not impact on the charts. As a Nintendo fan this Christmas is looking like a lot of fun. No real arty games or over the top movie style software... just pure fun. Come Christmas day I'll be beating off to 99 red balloons, turning into paper aeroplanes and controlling 4 little green elves across the screen.

This is why I'm a Nintendo fan
Fri 06/08/04 at 16:47
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
So, you nearly crapped yourself when Nintendo played footage that was essentially tarted up graphics of the original GC demos? Wow.
Fri 06/08/04 at 16:01
Regular
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Wow, another rhythmn game, not got any of those....

Haha. You obviously knwo nothing about Jungle Beat, it's not soem crappy Donkey Konga sequel, it's supposed to be amazing.

On a whole, E3 was amazing. Zelda had me literally speechless for about an hour or two.
Fri 06/08/04 at 15:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If Tiltawhirl says that, then you just know it's a big game.

GTA SA looks rubbish. Sorry, but it does. It'll be more of the same, with the usual crappy graphics, draw distances, 'humour' and the endless need to trash cars and shoot guns.

Halo 2 looks mint. However, only for Live play. I swear that Bungie shall have to do something incredible to make the single player what it's supposed to be to me! Live shalt rock however.

The Cube games look brilliant. TOS and Pikmin 2 are already confirmed as being superb games - Pikmin 2 being an almost perfect scorer in Famitsu. Metroid Prime 2 is the sequal to my favourite game ever.

Hmmmm.

So the Cube games might not sell as much as the two big games on Xbox/PS2 this Christmas. That is unfortunate, of course. Trouble is, I'll be playing the Cube games (and Halo 2, of course), a little bit more than I actually give a toss for the iddiots who don't buy Nintendo titles.
Fri 06/08/04 at 15:20
Regular

> At this point Nintendo needed something of Halo 2 "Bl**dy hell
> that's amazing" proportions,

I nearly sh*t my pants with joy when I saw the Zelda footage. Halo 2 although shaping up to be amazing, has neer had me nearly soiling my undergarments with amazement.
Fri 06/08/04 at 14:59
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Dringo wrote:
> You will lose an argument stating E3 was a dissapointment.
>
> Nintendo's DS is a revolution, the new Zelda looks awesome, DK:
> Jungle Beat is something to die for, Mario Party GBA looks nice,
> Odama is shaping up very well, Fire Emblem is a nice title due soon.
>
> How can E3 have been a let down?

Read your own words for a change! That lot *points upwards* isn't anything new. Wow, another rhythmn game, not got any of those....Mario Party GBA? That's original, what with there being 4 Mario Parties already. Odama? This is that pinball thing yes? I'll admit that was originalish, but sales wise it'll bomb. Fire Emblem...*yawn*. Same for increasingly realistic Zelda - when Windwaker was out you shouted about how Nintendo were going in the right direction, now Nintendo do a U turn and you say the same!

Touch screen is nothing revolutionary, in fact no one outside of Nintendo has even been able to explain how they will even be able to use it in a decent game! Touch screen in itself is nothing new, various kids electronic toys have had it for ages and ages.

At this point Nintendo needed something of Halo 2 "Bl**dy hell that's amazing" proportions, not another insane "look everyone this will be really big but inevitably it won't because you only have to look at our past history" announcement.
Fri 06/08/04 at 14:41
Regular
You will lose an argument stating E3 was a dissapointment.

Nintendo's DS is a revolution, the new Zelda looks awesome, DK: Jungle Beat is something to die for, Mario Party GBA looks nice, Odama is shaping up very well, Fire Emblem is a nice title due soon.

How can E3 have been a let down?
Fri 06/08/04 at 14:39
Regular
Gah!

Though we'd be getting another licensed soundtrack like Vice City. Was looking forward to cruising around with Biggie and Tupac blaring from my speakers.

GTA3 now that I think of it had a garage radio station, really crappy it was as well.
Fri 06/08/04 at 14:39
Regular
> Dringo wrote:
> So Nintendo with the DS, Sony with the PSP and Microsoft with err
> RARE
> games came off badly?
>
> DS - nice idea but worrying that no one can actually demonstrate any
> real use for the alternate touch screen other than things which could
> be done without the second screen. Games are largely spin offs or
> ports.

Name one proper port?

You mean touch screen shooting? Touch screen wario ware? in fact touch screen was the single most impressive thing shown for the DS... are you insane?
Fri 06/08/04 at 13:35
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
OPS2 and PSM both said there would be garage, because the music is not being chosen to be historically accurate, just to go with the game.

I'd rather be deaf than listen to rap/garage.
Fri 06/08/04 at 13:18
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> especially if it's going to be full of garage and rap
> music.
>
> San Andreas won't have any garage music, what on earth possessed you
> to think that? Garage is purely a European, mainly English thing
> unfortuantly.

Nope there is garage, certainly in New york and Detroit I believe, they just approach it in a different way like they approach Hip Hop with mainly old skool (sic) techniques and sounds.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.