GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Tue 03/08/04 at 15:47
Regular
Everybody:

You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got.
Set them free at the break of dawn
'Til one by one, they were gone.
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, Something's out there.
Floating in the summer sky.
99 red balloons go by.

Donkey Konga is set to hit European shores this Christmas, along with Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2. UK gamers are also treated to the long over due release of Animal Crossing and the GBA titles Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Nintendo's childish image may save a potentially bad Christmas. Sony's flagship release is GTA:SA and Microsoft's is of course Halo 2. These are the sequels to the games that single handidly sold the respective consoles. Nintendo are relying on a unique Mario outing and the more hardcore favourite Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. A multiplayer may increase popularity but nit enough to triumph over the 2 AAA titles for the X-box and PS2.

Lucky for Nintendo both the games with Halo 2's online capabilities and GTA 5's horrific content the games are soley aimed at 15 plus (even if it is illegal). The children and parent buying population will turn to Nintendo with Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, Zelda: Four Swords and Paper Mario 2... games with a very childish appeal.

So Christmas may not be a disaster but who cares? I am not bothered that Mario's paper outing may not impact on the charts. As a Nintendo fan this Christmas is looking like a lot of fun. No real arty games or over the top movie style software... just pure fun. Come Christmas day I'll be beating off to 99 red balloons, turning into paper aeroplanes and controlling 4 little green elves across the screen.

This is why I'm a Nintendo fan
Fri 06/08/04 at 22:09
Regular
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> You will lose an argument stating E3 was a dissapointment.
>
> Nintendo's DS is a revolution, the new Zelda looks awesome, DK:
> Jungle Beat is something to die for, Mario Party GBA looks nice,
> Odama is shaping up very well, Fire Emblem is a nice title due soon.
>
> How can E3 have been a let down?
>
> Read your own words for a change! That lot *points upwards* isn't
> anything new. Wow, another rhythmn game, not got any of
> those....Mario Party GBA? That's original, what with there being 4
> Mario Parties already. Odama? This is that pinball thing yes? I'll
> admit that was originalish, but sales wise it'll bomb. Fire
> Emblem...*yawn*.

The recent Fire Emblem game got 92% in NGC, Odama is original yes and Since when was Jungle Beat a rythem game? Do your research.

Same for increasingly realistic Zelda - when
> Windwaker was out you shouted about how Nintendo were going in the
> right direction, now Nintendo do a U turn and you say the same!

Wind Waker was a wonderful, gorgeous game which i loved. The new Zelda is just different graphics, same engine.

> Touch screen is nothing revolutionary, in fact no one outside of
> Nintendo has even been able to explain how they will even be able to
> use it in a decent game! Touch screen in itself is nothing new,
> various kids electronic toys have had it for ages and ages.

Is that because no-one other than Nintendo have showcased DS games you idiot? Of course no one has, although Sonic team used the touch screen to full effect on their demos.

> At this point Nintendo needed something of Halo 2 "Bl**dy hell
> that's amazing" proportions, not another insane "look
> everyone this will be really big but inevitably it won't because you
> only have to look at our past history" announcement.

Zelda is that game. As is Resident Evil 4.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:17
Regular
> Nope, 'cause unless I got a faulty one my Halo doesn't have Live play
> for starters... whereas the new Zelda is just Zelda with moody
> graphics. Plus all of you were raving about Windwakers cel like
> graphics being the future a year back, now you all do a U turn.

So you're saying the only legitimate step forward for a sequel is to give it online play?

So what about Halo 3? Will that just be a samey cop-out not worthy of anticipation because you can't strap on a special helmet and jump inside the game yourself? Cause you know, there isn't anywhere to go after online at the moment, and won't be for quite some time.

I hold no console/company loyalty anymore, and I'm not biased towards any of them either. But the one thing that remains are you infuriating comments about games, you've managed to remain the same retarded spakker you've always been. I wish for once you'd just pi*s off for good. You're the most biased, stubbon, dull brained little git on the whole forum.

> Still, as always, the after Christmas sales figures will do my
> talking for me, they did last year.... *waits for one of you to go
> find them on Google*

Your other problem, when you think of a game it's primarly about money and sales figures. A real gamer wouldn't care, there are plenty of bloody amazing games out there that sold crap all, and your apparent ignorance to this fact is startling. So you say Pikmin 2 won't do anything to the sales chart at christmas? You're right, so what? Everyone knew that when it was announced, but as people who aren't casual gamers and should know better, it's going to be an excellent game that will provide many hours of enjoyment.

I know this is a strange concept to you, but I actually don't think about your pathetic little concerns such as 'OMG WHOLL MAKE THE MOST MONEY AT CHRISTMAS!!?!?!', I think 'hmm, which of the games will I enjoy'.

And that's it.
Why don't you try it sometime?

Buy the games you want and can get (depending on console ownership), have fun with them and let others buy the games they want and nothing more needs saying about it. That's what I say.

You can shove your figures up your ar*e.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:15
Regular
Haven't read the thread, so apologies if this is stated below.

Is Donkey Konga out in the US yet?
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
>
> Still, as always, the after Christmas sales figures will do my
> talking for me, they did last year.... *waits for one of you to go
> find them on Google*

Since when do sales figures make a game?

JESUS Belldandy, Tom Clancy and Chris Ryan sell huge amounts of books. Does that make them better authors than anyone else ever?

Driv3r sold tons. Was it good? No.
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
WW looked lovely. It's not a u-turn. This new Zelda just looks better. See?

Halo 2 is Halo with tarted up graphics, and some new features. Aren't most sequals? Consequently, the point is entirely irrelevant, because Halo 2 will be far better than Halo, obviously.

So why can't we get excited about the best looking game ever in the best game series ever from the best games company ever?

Oh sorry, it looks like an older video from the GC launch.
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Nope, 'cause unless I got a faulty one my Halo doesn't have Live play for starters... whereas the new Zelda is just Zelda with moody graphics. Plus all of you were raving about Windwakers cel like graphics being the future a year back, now you all do a U turn. Still, as always, the after Christmas sales figures will do my talking for me, they did last year.... *waits for one of you to go find them on Google*
Fri 06/08/04 at 17:44
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Once again, WS hits the nail on the head.

Boosh?
Fri 06/08/04 at 17:38
Regular
> Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> So, you nearly crapped yourself when Nintendo played footage that
> was
> essentially tarted up graphics of the original GC demos? Wow.

That's weird, cause I'm pretty sure Halo 2 is Halo with tarted up graphics.
Fri 06/08/04 at 16:57
Regular
> So, you nearly crapped yourself when Nintendo played footage that was
> essentially tarted up graphics of the original GC demos? Wow.

Errrrrrr original Gamecube demo was FMV of Link fighting Ganon. So in actual fact you're talking out your ass as usual.
Fri 06/08/04 at 16:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You tart, JB is a platformer, that IGN and co are salivating over as pure Nintendo gold. AND, it was Zelda, just with wonderful, 'real world' graphics.

Now shut the hell up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.