GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Tue 03/08/04 at 15:47
Regular
Everybody:

You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got.
Set them free at the break of dawn
'Til one by one, they were gone.
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, Something's out there.
Floating in the summer sky.
99 red balloons go by.

Donkey Konga is set to hit European shores this Christmas, along with Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2. UK gamers are also treated to the long over due release of Animal Crossing and the GBA titles Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Nintendo's childish image may save a potentially bad Christmas. Sony's flagship release is GTA:SA and Microsoft's is of course Halo 2. These are the sequels to the games that single handidly sold the respective consoles. Nintendo are relying on a unique Mario outing and the more hardcore favourite Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. A multiplayer may increase popularity but nit enough to triumph over the 2 AAA titles for the X-box and PS2.

Lucky for Nintendo both the games with Halo 2's online capabilities and GTA 5's horrific content the games are soley aimed at 15 plus (even if it is illegal). The children and parent buying population will turn to Nintendo with Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, Zelda: Four Swords and Paper Mario 2... games with a very childish appeal.

So Christmas may not be a disaster but who cares? I am not bothered that Mario's paper outing may not impact on the charts. As a Nintendo fan this Christmas is looking like a lot of fun. No real arty games or over the top movie style software... just pure fun. Come Christmas day I'll be beating off to 99 red balloons, turning into paper aeroplanes and controlling 4 little green elves across the screen.

This is why I'm a Nintendo fan
Thu 05/08/04 at 18:22
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>Oh and Halo 2 will own this Xmas,

Wrong.

the first one sold so well
> just on the offline game so I see no reason why it'll be any
> different with the sequel.

Because GTA sells even better, and there's about 20 PS2 owners for every 1 Xbox owner.
Thu 05/08/04 at 18:27
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Not interested in Prime, Pikmin or Paper

Wha? Not any of them? Behind Half-Life 2, they're at the top of my to-get list.
Thu 05/08/04 at 19:15
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Oh.My.God.

You people really think Donkey Konga is going to turn the tide this Christmas season?

Yeah, because against a legion of Dancemat titles, a possible Xbox camera release, and at least 4 new confirmed Eyetoy titles it's really going to make Nintendo stand out.

Fact is that in many places Nintendo is not even stocked, or barely stocked, anymore so doesn't stand a chance.

San Andreas may not be a console shifter, I'd guess that by now most people attracted by such games have a PS2 or Xbox - and there is always a chance this is where Rockstar goes wrong...unlikely but you never know.
Thu 05/08/04 at 19:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As far as I'm concerned, Rockstar have never really had 'it'!

I'm not saying DK will 'turn the tide'. It's Dringo speak.

However, the three Ps will most certainly be getting my money over most games.
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:10
Regular
Fact is, Nintendo only has the smallest section in most stores because they don't have all the third party tat the other consoles do.

For example: Driver 3.
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:37
Regular
I find this faith in Donkey Konga quite baffling. Wow, haven't used that word in a while. If ever.
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:39
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Christmas belongs to Halo 2, full stop. Christmas 2005 belongs to Zelda, full stop. Christmas 2007... we'll have to wait and see.
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:40
Regular
Seems we'll have 2 GameCube Zelda titles and one GBA Zelda title to get next year then...not to mention the possibility of a DS title!
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:42
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Yep, Zelda rocks everything. It will destroy Halo's sorry ass and everything else that tries to beat it. Zelda and the like will also be the best.
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:52
Regular
Yes, it obviously will, despite the fact that we know nothing about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.