GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Tue 03/08/04 at 15:47
Regular
Everybody:

You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got.
Set them free at the break of dawn
'Til one by one, they were gone.
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, Something's out there.
Floating in the summer sky.
99 red balloons go by.

Donkey Konga is set to hit European shores this Christmas, along with Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2. UK gamers are also treated to the long over due release of Animal Crossing and the GBA titles Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Nintendo's childish image may save a potentially bad Christmas. Sony's flagship release is GTA:SA and Microsoft's is of course Halo 2. These are the sequels to the games that single handidly sold the respective consoles. Nintendo are relying on a unique Mario outing and the more hardcore favourite Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. A multiplayer may increase popularity but nit enough to triumph over the 2 AAA titles for the X-box and PS2.

Lucky for Nintendo both the games with Halo 2's online capabilities and GTA 5's horrific content the games are soley aimed at 15 plus (even if it is illegal). The children and parent buying population will turn to Nintendo with Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, Zelda: Four Swords and Paper Mario 2... games with a very childish appeal.

So Christmas may not be a disaster but who cares? I am not bothered that Mario's paper outing may not impact on the charts. As a Nintendo fan this Christmas is looking like a lot of fun. No real arty games or over the top movie style software... just pure fun. Come Christmas day I'll be beating off to 99 red balloons, turning into paper aeroplanes and controlling 4 little green elves across the screen.

This is why I'm a Nintendo fan
Wed 04/08/04 at 16:10
Regular
Viewtiful Joe and 1080 were great, but I wasn't impressed with either Mario Kart or F-Zero.
Wed 04/08/04 at 16:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Parents don't know a thing about games.

Little Bradley or Shane or Curtley Crué will ask for GTA and that's the end of it.
Wed 04/08/04 at 16:54
Regular
When I worked in Game and Vice City was released, I was warning every customer about the content. Not because I'm a Nintendo fan but because the content was pretty strong for kids.

Around 50% of them bought something else instead.
Wed 04/08/04 at 17:14
Regular
Software wise Nintendo haven't had a really good Xmas for....as long as I can remember actually. The last time I can think of that was bordering on good was Donkey 64 and Jet Force Gemini but even that was hardly amazing.

This year's line-up is a bit better, but compared to Xbox's line-up it's not worth jack. If only Nintendo had got Zelda out for Xmas on a worldwide release, maybe then they'd really be able to go up against Halo 2 and GTA.
Thu 05/08/04 at 11:20
Regular
Why compete with Halo 2, Doom 3 and GTA San Andreas when they can release it at a more convienient time when there aren't so many big game releases about?
Thu 05/08/04 at 11:57
Regular
"8==="
Solskjær wrote:
>
>
> While the PS.2 has GTA and there's Halo 2 for X-Box, including this
> game, we could have THREE essential games in the
> runnings!
>
> ;D

I take it you're not being serious as Donkey Konga is not a 'must have' game.
Thu 05/08/04 at 13:57
Regular
Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2.

Oh, and there's always the promise of Four Swords too. All must-have Cube titles. Donkey Konga is merely going to be a fun-for-a-while mess about title, in my opinion. Either that or it'll be crappy.

:-P
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Plus Tales of Symphonia if you haven't imported it already, and a fair few top quality multi-platform titles like Second Sight and Goldeneye.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm perfectly happy with the games I'll be buying for the Cube this Christmas. I'll never buy GTA, and Halo 2 is probably (except Fable if I can be bothered) the only Xbox game I'll get.

Of course, I'll get other Xbox games, but I seriously doubt they'll beat some of the Cube titles.
Thu 05/08/04 at 17:21
Regular
"8==="
Not interested in Prime, Pikmin or Paper (what's with all the P's anyway?), not interested in GTA, only really interested in online at the mo + dabbling with whatever's out offline for the best console for online gaming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.