GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft "Willing to buy Nintendo""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 13:35
Regular
[URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6456/Microsoft-Interested-in-Buying-Nintendo[/URL]

Discuss.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:20
Regular
Foszy wrote:
> gamesfreak wrote:
> I wouldn't.
>
> I would when it comes to more cartoony and childs games, but not
> young adults.

Haha, true mate... so true.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:21
Regular
Yeah cause Microsoft make so many amazing games...like...um...Blinx!!11

There is no way that Microsoft produce better games than Nintendo, that would be complete bull. They aren't even a games company.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Microsoft have made Flight Simulator and that's about it.

Of course Nintendo make better games. It's bleeding obvious - they always have and still do. MGS make decent enough games, but that's not MS. That's developers who are owned by MS.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:50
Regular
OK my bad.

Microsoft Game Studios make some superb games, being as it's a whole array of developers making titles for the console.

And people say "Nintendo is unique, they'd suffer if MS bought them" - Why exactly would their games suffer?

Microsoft purchase the developer, Microsoft wants games from developer, developer makes games as normal, money comes in.

It's no different to Nintendo, say, acquiring Bungie as an in-house developer. All Nintendo would want is the developer to provide the "goods" lets say.

If you think about it, All Nintendo is, is a game developer. Same as Bungie/Rare/EA etc, It's just Nintendo have moved one step further by making games and hardware to match.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:51
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Of course Nintendo make better games. It's bleeding obvious - they
> always have and still do.

In your opinion they do, it's not like everyone has to think that they make "excellent" games.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:00
Regular
"8==="
Microsoft buy good games.

Nintendo make them.

Simple as.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:05
Regular
It would be no different would it?

Okay, lets look at it like this.

Nintendo buy Retro Studios. Nintendo sack most the staff and decide that they're going to can all but one game.

Where's the developing as normal?

Microsoft could easily do that to Nintendo should they buy them.

Note: Facts going by my own memory. Dringo could probably clarify
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:13
Regular
"ProGolfer"
gamesfreak wrote:
>
> And people say "Nintendo is unique, they'd suffer if MS bought
> them" - Why exactly would their games suffer?

Cuz they would suddenly probably have larger budgets! Thats the only thing that springs in to my mind.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:17
Regular
"8==="
Their pride would suffer and no doubt many would walk out.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:28
"Its Your Pleasure"
games would suffer, with a lack of competition there is no drive to succeed.

and i think Nintendo do make better games, but tis true that it is an opinion, some people like FPS's and beat em ups. some like adventure.

Nintendo wouldnt do this anyway, Microsoft are losing money on the xbox, and Nintendo have no reason to sell atall.

i imagine if it does happen then Microsoft would be smart enough to leav Nintendo alone and just take the profits. there would be no sense in converting Zelda and Mario games to the xbox just for the hell of it..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.