GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft "Willing to buy Nintendo""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 13:35
Regular
[URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6456/Microsoft-Interested-in-Buying-Nintendo[/URL]

Discuss.
Thu 12/08/04 at 18:54
Regular
I think it is safe to say that ID do take pride in their work, however when it comes to other developers, such as those who make State of Emergency, Counter-Strike, etc, it is quite evident that they just wanted to rush them out to make some pennies.
Thu 12/08/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
But, having pride in one's work does not mean that work will actually be any good.
Thu 12/08/04 at 19:03
Regular
Exactly, which is where a company's ability comes in. ;o)

People tend to be proud of their creations, whether they have the skill and ability to make their creations well or not.
Thu 12/08/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Thing is, Microsoft, unlike Tiltawhirl, have the actual cash to buy Nintendo if Nintendo wanted to sell... I don't know, at one point a person saying you would one day play Sonic on a Nintendo console, or a Microsoft one (in fact the very idea of a MS console would have been insane), would have been laughed at, but it's the situation that exists now!
Fri 13/08/04 at 02:01
Regular
"8==="
Belldandy wrote:
> But, having pride in one's work does not mean that work will actually
> be any good.

True.

Do you take pride in your opinions and posts?
Fri 13/08/04 at 15:09
Regular
Gar-J wrote:
> So Nintendo employees work for nothing just for the right to make
> games and for the love of it? No, I don't think so. A company's
> number one goal is to make a proffit.

A company is established to make a profit, but designers go to work at Nintendo because they want to make great games. Games are an art form, like music or film. You can tell when passion and creativity has been put into something like that - it has a certain quality.

I'm not saying it's only Nintendo that care about making perfect gameplay, but this "Nintendo difference" (I'm starting to cringe every time I say it now) is that every game has that brilliant flair to it. It's not that they're just "good" developers - after all, EA churn out "good" FIFA titles every year - it's that you can tell that they care about providing the best gaming experience possible.

Despite being a phrase coined by the company itself, it's rather sad that, in reality, Nintendo are one of the few companies that can hold on to this difference. Which is why I would hate it if they were to be bought out by Microsoft. It is companies like Nintendo, who have given so much in terms of hardware and software innovation, that should be independent and driving the industry forward - not corporate giants who can just throw money around.

Nintendo themselves are known to respect this motive, saying that they will not be purchasing companies, but supporting and making deals with them. Hopefully, others can do the same.
Fri 13/08/04 at 15:41
Regular
So bascially, you are saying that Nintendo are better then Microsoft in game development
Fri 13/08/04 at 15:55
Regular
I would have to agree with that.
Fri 13/08/04 at 15:58
Regular
I wouldn't.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:46
Regular
"ProGolfer"
gamesfreak wrote:
> I wouldn't.

I would when it comes to more cartoony and childs games, but not young adults.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.