GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft "Willing to buy Nintendo""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 13:35
Regular
[URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6456/Microsoft-Interested-in-Buying-Nintendo[/URL]

Discuss.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:40
Regular
"8==="
Edgy wrote:
>
> As for Nintendo never buying Microsoft - that may well be the case.
> However, Nintendo buying Microsoft Game Studios, that is a
> possibility should they get the revenue and Microsoft choose to sell
> them.

and pigs might fly.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:37
Regular
The Ghost wrote:

> And as for Rare, they had little say in it in the end. Nintendo owned
> 49 percent I believe, and I'm sure the Rare bosses were quite happy
> to get the massive amount of cash they did.

Rare didn't get the £250+m, Nintendo did. If anything, all the Rare bosses would have got would have been a slight payrise...if that.

As for Nintendo never buying Microsoft - that may well be the case. However, Nintendo buying Microsoft Game Studios, that is a possibility should they get the revenue and Microsoft choose to sell them.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
"8==="
Heh. I have to laugh at those who think Rare have fallen. They take time, always have to reach their peak on a console. They experiment, steal and improve.

Perfect Dark and Conker are worth the money alone especially if they continue into proper franchises.

Nintendo aren't likely to sell, it's not in their nature. They only sold Rare because the entire company was likely to quit en masse if they had with a stroppy Nintendo.

Now a mutual collaboration with Nintendo making the hardware and keeping all the profits off their own games might be a more realistic possibility, but Microsoft would no doubt not be happy with anything but total control.

A little bit of compromise would see a collaboration of epic proportions.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Just Nintendo released
> its games on the Xbox

Yeah, like I said, in house developer.

Nintendo + XNA = Rockage.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Cyclone wrote:
> Just Nintendo released its games on the Xbox, or (much) better still, a joint console.

That'd be great.

*dreams*
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
gamesfreak wrote:

> Imagine the possibility's with them being able to use XNA technology
> with their games.
>
> It'd be superb

It'd be great yes, but it's really unlikely.

I think Nintendo will definately be bought by someone but not MS.

This is what really puts me off of Ninty's next console, if there are rumors like this going around then what is gonna happen to 'Revolution'?
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If anything happened, it'd only be good if the two companies stayed relatively similar to how they are now. Just Nintendo released its games on the Xbox, or (much) better still, a joint console.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Edgy wrote:
> If Nintendo buy Microsoft - great!

I dont wanna start a debate or anything but that will never happen.

Ever.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:28
Regular
It would be a good prospect for Nintendo though.

Nintendo would become an in-house developer, like Bungie.

Imagine the possibility's with them being able to use XNA technology with their games.

It'd be superb
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:25
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
There's no way that Nintendo would sell to MS, even if they HAD to sell, as Nintendo are a Japanese company, and MS most certainly aren't. Every member of the board would probably have to commit seppuku.

Nintendo merge with Sega I could see. Nintendo merge with Capcom I could see. But no way on earth will it happen with Microsoft.

And as for Rare, they had little say in it in the end. Nintendo owned 49 percent I believe, and I'm sure the Rare bosses were quite happy to get the massive amount of cash they did.

Nintendo got rid of a massively overrated team who haven't done a single good game since, and got loads of money in the bargain.

Microsoft got a massive turkey, spent even more cash, and managed to bolster the profits of one of their rivals by a considerable degree.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.