GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft "Willing to buy Nintendo""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 13:35
Regular
[URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6456/Microsoft-Interested-in-Buying-Nintendo[/URL]

Discuss.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:00
Regular
What happens with Rare would be a good sign, MS don't seem to have pressured them into doing anything. In fact, as we've heard next to nothing from them, it sounds like business as usual for them.

The best thing they could with buying Nintendo would be to leave them in Japan and just have all their games made exclusivly for Xbox and GBA/DS. With some people sent over to guide them in making use of Live for any games they choose to do so.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:50
Regular
WS knows the logic.

It'd work, and like many have said, why would MS pressure them into doing anything? They purchase the company to make games for the console.

That's it.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:46
Regular
I wouldn't mind, it would mean having to buy one less console but still getting the expanded game selection.

As they as they didn't try to force them into making certain types of games or putting Zelda online or something.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:33
Regular
Johnson wrote:
> 2. Ninty are loyal to Japan, and Japanese, so they wouldn't see much
> point in fusing with America, seeing as the Gamecube is successful
> there anyway.

On the other end of the spectrum, The Xbox isn't exactly popular in Japan is it?

Microsofts "purchase" would let them tap into this difficult market.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:01
Regular
Microsoft and Ninty sitting in a tree,

F-U-C-*ahem*-K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Doubt it'll happen.

Any time soon at least.
Fri 06/08/04 at 18:49
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Ninty would never join Microsoft

1. They recently critisied the XBOX due to the amount of sequels, clones etc. that was appearing on the console.

2. Ninty are loyal to Japan, and Japanese, so they wouldn't see much point in fusing with America, seeing as the Gamecube is successful there anyway.

3. Nintendo believe in competition in the market. When approached by Sony back in 2000 to fuse as one company and make a console together, they told them to shuv it.

Maybe in 50 years time, but certainly not now.
Fri 06/08/04 at 14:27
Regular
As in deadlines?

All company's have deadlines.

;-)
Fri 06/08/04 at 01:00
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:

> They're still a developer, just on a different console, Microsoft
> will just own them, they can do what they like when it comes to
> making games...

...providing they adhere to Microsoft's agenda.
Thu 05/08/04 at 18:24
Regular
Microsoft buying Nintendo would rock, but it'll never happen. 16-player Mario Kart on Live would be amazing though.
Thu 05/08/04 at 15:46
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> My point is, if Microsoft buy out Nintendo, Nintendo lose their
> freedom to do things their way. Hence they have to compromise, the
> quality of games will go down.

And why?

Like I've said about 5 times already in this post.

Microsoft purchases Nintendo, Nintendo becomes part of MGS.

They're still a developer, just on a different console, Microsoft will just own them, they can do what they like when it comes to making games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.