GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Really, really, really was the business wasn't it.

I remember when it came out - everybody wanted to play it - girls I knew, guys I knew, Playstation owners, ANYone with a slight interest in games, they wanted it.

Screw the Goldeneye/PD debate, this is about eulogising PD.

Seriously, it was just class. The sheer amount of stuff you could do. You could waste hours just chasing people with remote mines, making them do all kinds of crazy stuff......anything.

That villa level in multi with double Cyclones and 8 DarkSim Elvis's. So damn fun.......ANY level with ANY settings was genius, and the single player was terrific. The challenges, the weapons, the enemies, the difficulty balance, the single player - the Datadyne levels rocked.

I need to get it again, I actually never bought it, just had it very extended periods of time from a friend, who was clearly insane.
Thu 07/10/04 at 00:54
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
tphi wrote:
> CUBE magazine says Rare has it in development for the DS.
>
> *Gives you a pinch of salt*
>
> It's the same mag who said a Golden Sun GC game was going to be shown
> at E3.

Do they now? The DS isn't a Game-Boy, but have our British friends agreed on doing games for the DS?
Wed 06/10/04 at 17:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
CUBE magazine says Rare has it in development for the DS.

*Gives you a pinch of salt*

It's the same mag who said a Golden Sun GC game was going to be shown at E3.
Tue 05/10/04 at 23:49
"I love yo... lamp."
I don't really remember the music. So long ago now.

Must download it though, I do remember thinking it was great.
Tue 05/10/04 at 22:15
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Just bought an N64 off eBay for £48.
>
> Good stuff.

Including P&P? I got one for £35 plus £10 p&p and it was/is absolutely mint. It also came with Goldeneye. Then I got a pristine copy of Perfick Dark for a tenner, the additional memory was around £15, and I got a copy of Mario 64 for a deep sea diver.

Now that's bargain gaming.

As for the music, I love each and every track in that game.
Sun 03/10/04 at 23:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
cookie monster wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> ALIEN CONFLICT!
>
> Woah, that tune blows me away, i forgot how good it is.

All I had on PD multi. Class.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:53
Regular
Just bought an N64 off eBay for £48.

Good stuff.
Fri 01/10/04 at 21:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cyclone wrote:
> ALIEN CONFLICT!

Woah, that tune blows me away, i forgot how good it is.
Fri 01/10/04 at 01:45
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
tphi wrote:
> Yuri_Fan wrote:
> Ahhh, Rareware. The best thing to come out of Britain since John
> Cleese and co.
>
> Except now Free Radical Rareware.

I think Free Radical and Rareware are two different companies. Just that some guys from Rareware created Free Radical.
Fri 01/10/04 at 01:43
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Dringo wrote:
> No, they're redoing the conker game.

Thanks for that, Dringo. I accidently put that D as a capital.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:51
Regular
It really is a classic. I played it for ages last night, and didn't even notice the dated graphics etc, because the gameplay is just so damn addictive.

I just stick it on 'combat simulator' and spend ages designing new types of matches with various simulants and weapons. you don't even need the solo campaign, which I haven't yet got round to finishing.

without doubt one of my favourite games of all time.

I'm planning to get all my favourite gaming platforms eventually - next on my list is a SNES. I already have an A1200 which I really should get out for a blast one rainy sunday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.