GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Religion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 22:33
Regular
Recently, Religion has come up in a number of discussions and it would be good to discuss them. EVERYONE has a belief. This topic has some effect in a lot of lifes.
Mon 23/07/01 at 15:52
So then who in your opinion rules Heaven?
Mon 23/07/01 at 15:47
Regular
Sandman was talking about the Devil creating the earth and cooldogs said that the bible states that God ccreated the earth.

I have a way out theory (I just thought it up but I am sure someone else has thought of it before). What it the original God was the devil and became corrupt. He was excilled from Heaven and so started Hell in competition. Hell became full of corruption and so was 'bad' and heaven was 'good'.

It's just a theory and as I don't believe in God or the devil it is not a theory I believe in (I like looking at an issue from all view points and not just being an uptight God must exist and so I cannot even think about weather he didn't kind of person).

Did that last sentance make any sence?
Mon 23/07/01 at 14:18
I knew a lot of that about teh actual religion i was just wondering a little more about teh book.
Have you read any plato or anything at all.
Im 18 i just started thinking about reading some and bought me self teh republic.
Mon 23/07/01 at 14:15
Veron 4 wrote:
> davidD wrote:
> how is it okay to eat plants which are
> alive
but not okay to eat
> animals?
Its a potatoe potato
> situation.
One rule for A but a
> different one for B.

My
> thoery is based on eating animals is worse than eating plants. yes i
> know plants arew living creatures. But i believe that the debt we
> have to pay will be lower by eating plants.

My point here (not one i believe mind)
is that mammal or whatever life is
given presidence over im just wondering what other peoples reasons are for this (dont get me wrong i believe the sam im just posing an opposite view)
fauna and plants
Mon 23/07/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It is a series of incantations and prayers that you should recite to guide the recently deceased person through their journey from this world to the next.

The theory is that, for Buddhists, our time on earth is merely a learning stage. And we continue to come back and come back until we understand our purpose and then we move on to the next stage, one of pure conciousness and energy.

You are to guide the person through the various stages and journies in an attempt to help them achieve this understanding and maybe they won't need to return once more and begin again.

That is where their idea of re-incarnation comes from.
That everyone here is on a learning cycle, each time we retain a bit more info on what we are and what we can achieve.

No singular godhead, The Buddha is merely a representation of total enlightenment and a target for a person to aim for.
Every thing on this planet is equal, man is no better than a tree or a rock, everything has a purpose and a reason and man should not place himself in high regard, we are merely children trying to learn.

I'm not saying that I agree, but it has made the most sense to me about what I am here for.
Mon 23/07/01 at 13:56
Goat boy wos the tibetan book of teh dead about?
Mon 23/07/01 at 13:54
Regular
davidD wrote:
> how is it okay to eat plants which are alive
but not okay to eat
> animals?
Its a potatoe potato situation.
One rule for A but a
> different one for B.

My thoery is based on eating animals is worse than eating plants. yes i know plants arew living creatures. But i believe that the debt we have to pay will be lower by eating plants.
Mon 23/07/01 at 12:24
We have got our wires crossed here. As I have been writing certain things, you have also been writing so when I wrote my last post, you had not posted your comment about not beliving it!

Seeya.
Mon 23/07/01 at 12:15
Sorry for the poor spelling in the last few posts. I was trying to type far to quickly!
Mon 23/07/01 at 12:14
cooldogs wrote:
> sandman wrote:
That is the stupidest response I have ever
>
> heard!

How is what I said stupid. If you say the devil created
> the earth, and the bible says that God created the world, then who
> is your God?

Please actually read my posts. I have quite clearly stated that I do not beleve the Devil created the earth as I am an atheist. I was simply raising a point of theological interest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.