GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Religion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 22:33
Regular
Recently, Religion has come up in a number of discussions and it would be good to discuss them. EVERYONE has a belief. This topic has some effect in a lot of lifes.
Tue 24/07/01 at 00:09
Regular
too many people are quoting the bible to be fact. Just remember that the book was written by MAN not God. another thing. alot of the true meanings of the bible have been lost.
Mon 23/07/01 at 23:13
did you know they recently found a missing page of the bible that reads
"dear andrew
hope you enjoy the book

any relation of the characters inside to people living or dead is coincidental as this tory is purely a work o fiction"

lol i love red dwarf
Mon 23/07/01 at 23:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, so there are many theories trying to disprove Christianity.

But what people can't explain is the difference God seems to make to people. Including me.

That's why I am a Christian, basically.
Mon 23/07/01 at 23:06
Goatboy wrote:
> DaveyDenton wrote:
> I knew a lot of that about teh actual
> religion i was just wondering
> a little more about teh
> book.

Sorry mate.
Like I said, the book is a series of prayers
> that you offer in effort to guide them and to keep them from being
> distracted and returned to this planet for yet another go around.

dont get me wrong i apreciated the refresher...
i like the idea of keeping em from being distracted...
very interesting mr bond
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:50
Regular
I'm of home now so will have to continue this discussion tommorow.
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:37
Regular
My theory on the creation of life is that the univerise is a paradox. It has been theorised that to travel through time you would need enormous ammounts of energy. Well what if in the end of time when the univers colapses a few particles are sent back to the start of time and colide into the big bang. Why are we here? We are just a by product of a chemical reaction which has grown into an inteligent species. We have no purpose and so might as well enjoy life.
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:30
I think human beings are religious animals, probably as a result of our capacity for rational thought. Science is now starting to answer a few of the questions (e.g. evolution) but thousands of years ago religions were an inevitable attempt to explain the forces (from the sun, weather and seasons to life itself) that seemed inexplicable. Religions did not always deal in facts of creation but offered symbolic representations that gave some intuitive explanation of the immensity of nature.

As far back as the 18th century people suggested that as science was begining to answer these questions that God was effectively dead. Certainly, Britain today is a largely secular society.

As for the quest for meaning? You can ask the question but you can also ask 'why is blue?'. Maybe some questions do not have satsfying explanations. Why does there have to be a purpose?
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:10
OK so if the bible and God are made up then how were we made, why does nearly every person on the earth have a religeon and How can you live with no purpose in your life? I could not stand the thought that I am here because of some huge accident i.e. the big bang. I think we have a spiritual side because we were created with it, As far as I can see, there is no other satisfying explanation.
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:04
Regular
OK it's time for my main theory on the reason religion started. The reason Heaven looks like a dictatorship is because the idea was thought up by dictators.

In my opinion the bible was writen by a group of people who were trying to control a larger group of sheep people (not people who look like sheep just people who act like them). The Old testament is all about how you should be good or you will be punished. It is a great way to instil control over the populas.

The new testament was used to try to breakaway from the Romans by showing them as evil and bad and trying to insit rebelion with the promise of miricles if the world was full of cristians.

Now I have studied the bible for a while and so these views are not spur of the moment. But just open you mind and consider for a moment:

Is it possible that The Old testmaent was propaganda?
Is it possible that the new testament was written to start a rebelion or just an extension to a story?
Is it more plausable that someone made up god rather then some wonderful being creating the earth out of nothing, a being who is perfect and must have the ultimate ammount of [power?

In my mind the bible was created as a control tool and even if you do not agree with me you must admit that it is a posibility and probably more likley then the alternative.
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:51
Doyou know hy I've quoted from Revelation? Well it's becuase it's there that most of the prophecies for our day are in!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.