GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Religion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 22:33
Regular
Recently, Religion has come up in a number of discussions and it would be good to discuss them. EVERYONE has a belief. This topic has some effect in a lot of lifes.
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:48
I've noticed that over the last few discusssions you have referenced Revalations more than any other section of the bible. I think if mainstream christinity had concentrated to that extent on the crazy fire 'n' brimstone ending, the world will be a very scary place!
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:40
Andrew Hunt wrote:
> If it is all free will then how come the devil was banished.

He made the wrong decision. He let wrong thoughts motivate his life. But then He went a step too far, He influenced Adan and Eve to disobey God and turn away from God. That's why he was banished, for being a blasphemer.

If he
> wanted to do tings that were against gods will then why not let him,
> why punish the bad (noah and his arc) for useing their free will?

Why do you think god put the free will there? Do you think he wanted a bunch of robots serving him? That can only do what he says?
I doubt that. We believe that god wanted us to worship him out of love, not being a requirement.

> Also I am against any leaps of faith as I believe this is just a way
> to cover up the indiscreponcies in the bible. If there is a God then
> he should have explained everything about why we were here and our
> lives would make sence.

The reason why our lives dont make sense is because the Devil is causeing chaos on the earth. If you read and studied the bible, then you would realise that everything is there, all your questions are answered. like I said before, we are imperfect, we only use 10% of our brain before we die, so we do not live long enough for us to take in everything God wants us to know.

seeya
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
DaveyDenton wrote:
> I knew a lot of that about teh actual religion i was just wondering
> a little more about teh book.

Sorry mate.
Like I said, the book is a series of prayers that you offer in effort to guide them and to keep them from being distracted and returned to this planet for yet another go around.
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:32
Andrew Hunt wrote:
> Perection is an unobtainable goal that leads us. If man and woman
> were created perfect then what were they put here for. A perfect
> human would not need to eat, sleep or have bodukly funstions. Eden
> was so perfect that no food needed to be grown and so what was the
> purpose of egsistance? To sit around doing nothing? Perfection is
> the light at the end of the everlasting tunnel.

You dont seem to understand perfection. It is not that we dont eat or sleep or do normal things like that. Being perfect meant that they would not die. Death was the punishment for them disobaying God's law regarding the tree of knoledge of good and bad.

Their life had a wonderfull purpose. They had the job of naming and looking after all of the animals. They then had to change the rest of the earth into the paradise God wanted, as he only cultivated one garden which is actually mant to be about 20 square miles I think, I cant be sure.

To help them to do the grand task, God told them to become fruitful and fill the earth with children. THat sounds like a much more purposefull life than what we have, work hard,a having a strressful job, and then die after only living for 70-80 years, which is a very very short time in comparison to forever.

seeya
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:27
Regular
If it is all free will then how come the devil was banished. If he wanted to do tings that were against gods will then why not let him, why punish the bad (noah and his arc) for useing their free will? Also I am against any leaps of faith as I believe this is just a way to cover up the indiscreponcies in the bible. If there is a God then he should have explained everything about why we were here and our lives would make sence.
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:24
Regular
Perection is an unobtainable goal that leads us. If man and woman were created perfect then what were they put here for. A perfect human would not need to eat, sleep or have bodukly funstions. Eden was so perfect that no food needed to be grown and so what was the purpose of egsistance? To sit around doing nothing? Perfection is the light at the end of the everlasting tunnel.
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:22
It is not a dictatorship, because God is the creator of all living things, including the angels.

It is impossible for us as humans to be able to comprehend that God never began, that time has always been there. But there are some things that we have to let faith take over our head. I cannot say whether God is a dictator or not, but the bible does say that god gave all creation free will, so they would be able to decide whether to worship God or not, That is why the Devil decided not to and many today decide not to. So I would not say that it is a dictatorship. What I meant is that Gos is all powerful, so it would be impossoble for all the angels and Jesus to have enough power to fight God. The bible says that the Devil tried and lost and was hurled to the earth (read revelation 12 verses 7-12 to find out more about the battle).

seeya
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:15
Why do you find it hard to believe that everything cannot be perfect? You cannot believe that just because everything that we see around us is imperfect, that nothing else can be perfect. The Bible says that God wanted us to be perfect, that He created the first man and woman, perfect. So I believe that we can be perfect and I do belive that God is Perfect. I also belive that God wants us to be perfect.

Oh well seeya
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:08
Regular
Maybe the original god (now the devil) was not love and turned into evil through corupting forces. And if God could not be thrown out then it is a dictatorship?

Doesn't it worry you that the ultimate trust to ruile everything is put in the hands of one being. What if he becomes corrupt? i do not believe that anything is perfect as it is impossible to obtain perfection.

Maybe the reason that bad things happen is because of this harsh dictatorship that controls all and the dictator is annoyed that not everyone believes he exists?
Mon 23/07/01 at 15:56
Oh another thing, The bible says that God is all powerful, so it would be impossible for him to be hurled out of heaven by the angels. Also it says that God IS love. If God is the Devil and is evil, and since evil is the opposite to someone who shows love, then how can god be like that since the bible says that god is love?

Seeya, and happy thinking

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.