GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Modern Warfare 2 - Freeola Official Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2'.
Tue 10/11/09 at 11:04
Regular
"THFC"
As the most anticipated game of the year is released today, we need a place to discuss the happenings and to arrange games!

A few people asked for this to be created and so here we go.

Trusting everyone has their copy now, so let the fun begin tonight.

I, along with several others will be on Xbox but i know some are Ps3, but its the same game so no point in two threads!

Gamertags

Xbox 360

Emmie08 - Emmie87
Black8704 - Black8704
JASON BRFC - Hippyman
Bullshrimp - pete_21
IX Chow Mein XI - sonic chris
SAS Duck - gr13ve
pb live - pb
JubbaMHC - Jubbachainsaw
sentox223 - Shepps 123
jonsmith90 - tnc

Ps3

sytim - Warhunt
jsf132 - McLong
motomotomd - motomoto
DrPheltRight - LukeM

PC

Alexccll200 - Alfonse
Page:
Sat 06/03/10 at 18:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just a thought on the release of BF:BC2.....

Having now installed and played BF:BC2 and just completed the 20,000,000th prestige level on 'MW2 Washing up' level, this momentus feat caused me to ponder about 'control' on these PC games.

BF:BC2 is the first game for many years that has acknowledged and provides options for a joystick! As a result, I'm asking - is/are FPS multiplayer games more manageable with a keyboard/mouse setup or a controller or a joystick - these days?

Personally I always used a joystick until PC games required additional patches or too much tweaking to be worthwhile, then I returned to the keyboard/mouse setup....until now.

A controller or joystick always seemed to be far more manageable, more controllable; the keyboard/mouse combination works fine, but for 'map-ability' and 'reaction speed' a single unit seemed superior. As such, I may now search the attic for my MS Sidewinder or Saitek whatever and re-install them for both MW2 and BF:BC2!

So, do PC players of MW2 use the keyboard/mouse combination or a sneaky.......XBox controller......:-) ?
Sat 06/03/10 at 16:56
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha. Just go play as 'toss and wall in. Let the zerg get you then :D
Sat 06/03/10 at 16:17
Regular
"eat toast!"
"Have you been accepted for the Starcraft 2 Beta? "

yeah. I've downloaded it and played a quick session without even knowing the tech tree. I raged quit when i realised i didn't know how to build Vehicles (built the requisities, but couldn't find the building to build!). So when i started a quick attack, he came back with siege tanks and soon other stuff.

I promptly raged quit and decided to look things up before playing.

Its pretty embrassing to rage quit your first PRACTICE GAME to decide where you stand in the ladder.
Sat 06/03/10 at 14:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> I contemplating selling MW2. I think i've got everything I can
> get out of it without being bored.

Must admit SC that I'm getting bored with it at the moment - it's the repetitive nature of the maps - some I absolutely loath now, but I still like others. Having said that, it's who you play with and how the game pans out I suppose. In the majority of mercenary team deathmatch games I play, there always seems to be a heavy dominance of prestige players with very few level 50-70 players:-) Think I'll alternate with BC2 for awhile.
Sat 06/03/10 at 13:57
Regular
"How Ironic"
I contemplating selling MW2. I think i've got everything I can get out of it without being bored.
Sat 06/03/10 at 13:36
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Have you been accepted for the Starcraft 2 Beta?
Sat 06/03/10 at 13:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:
> need to play this game more. Need to play l4d2 more. Need to
> finish my games. Need to revise for my exam. Need to practice
> drawing. NEED TO PLAY THE STARCRAFT 2 BETA!
>
>
> GAH.
>
> *Stares at bfbc2*

Hi SB - installed BF:BC2 last night and started the single player campaign. Not too bad at the moment - feels linear but time will tell. Controls need a 'personal' tweak though. Not been able to access multiplayer yet, but will be interesting to see what it's like.

:-)
Sat 06/03/10 at 10:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
need to play this game more. Need to play l4d2 more. Need to finish my games. Need to revise for my exam. Need to practice drawing. NEED TO PLAY THE STARCRAFT 2 BETA!

GAH.

*Stares at bfbc2*

Fri 05/03/10 at 20:05
Regular
I've made it to the third prestige now

I have to say I do enjoy the game, but mainly when I'm on a level where I'm able to get up all my Killstreaks several times, nice streaks, a decent KD etc

There's still plenty of times I run into ridiculous teams of people on the 10th prestige etc, or get started halfway into a level only to be instantly shot by someone's killstreak reward in the sky. Annoying, and makes me quit that game instantly.. sometimes to be put straight back into the same game!
Sun 28/02/10 at 10:13
Regular
"I like turtles"
Warhunt wrote:
> In my defence though the helicopter was in the sky........

Do you repeatedly shoot at green Harriers as well,then scream that they are not falling out of the sky !.

I couldn't get annoyed with him,he was ace.He was giving it 1000% and epically failing.Would have probably preferred it if he was on the other team though !.Anyway,everyone on there had fun and it was a refreshing change not to play with idiots shouting 'gay' and 'retard' every 30 seconds.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.