GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Modern Warfare 2 - Freeola Official Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2'.
Tue 10/11/09 at 11:04
Regular
"THFC"
As the most anticipated game of the year is released today, we need a place to discuss the happenings and to arrange games!

A few people asked for this to be created and so here we go.

Trusting everyone has their copy now, so let the fun begin tonight.

I, along with several others will be on Xbox but i know some are Ps3, but its the same game so no point in two threads!

Gamertags

Xbox 360

Emmie08 - Emmie87
Black8704 - Black8704
JASON BRFC - Hippyman
Bullshrimp - pete_21
IX Chow Mein XI - sonic chris
SAS Duck - gr13ve
pb live - pb
JubbaMHC - Jubbachainsaw
sentox223 - Shepps 123
jonsmith90 - tnc

Ps3

sytim - Warhunt
jsf132 - McLong
motomotomd - motomoto
DrPheltRight - LukeM

PC

Alexccll200 - Alfonse
Page:
Sun 07/03/10 at 08:44
Regular
"eat toast!"
Hardly anyone uses joysticks. We stopped using them when we stopped playing flight sims.
Sat 06/03/10 at 23:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> I could use the keyboard very well actually ;D Being a piano
> player, i continously held the mouse with my right hand, and
> stretched along the keyboard with my left ;D

Don't patronize young man....it doesn't become you:-)

And:

Plus, apart from the obvious, why have DICE recognized the 'joystick' again?
Sat 06/03/10 at 22:37
Regular
"eat toast!"
Theres not enough sensitivity. But the console does have the advantage in some games like racing where trigger buttons allow for greater sensistiviy in pressure for speed and the such. I find i drive a lot better in GTA using a joypad sometimes as i have a greater sense of feel to things.

But that said, i shoot like a dog with a joypad and on the pc driving is good enough for me to get by in GTA 4 at least.
Sat 06/03/10 at 22:27
Regular
"How Ironic"
Yeh there is a slight auto aim on console games, but i've never been able to match my sniping ability with a mouse using a controller :(
Sat 06/03/10 at 21:05
Regular
"eat toast!"
"So, do PC players of MW2 use the keyboard/mouse combination or a sneaky.......XBox controller......:-) ?"

How would that work? He'll need and extra pair of hands or was goro. I can't see it myself, the keyboard and mouse are you need to play. The advantage of better accuracy, more precision and lots of buttons to assign stuff to.

I believe the console version has accuracy lock on or a tweaked so you don't need to be 100% accurate.
Sat 06/03/10 at 20:33
Regular
"How Ironic"
I could use the keyboard very well actually ;D Being a piano player, i continously held the mouse with my right hand, and stretched along the keyboard with my left ;D
Sat 06/03/10 at 20:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Used to play a few FPS's on the pc back in the day, they were
> terrible compared to now, but I stuck with the mouse and
> keyboard. That's one reason that cross platform multiplayer (PC
> with Xbox/PS3) will never work because the pc gamers have a huge
> advantage of a fast moving mouse.

Ok SC, so the 'mouse' advantage is the crux of the discussion - fast look, aim and fire + one selected 'option' usually - but 'key mapping' must be the 'core' of this discussion.

A controller/joystick has multiple mapping options in one place - a controller, two handed has multiple choices - a joystick, single handed, as such, multiple choices.....keyboard, multiple choices but totally impractical - don't know how long your fingers are, but mine aren't that flexible:-)

Plus, apart from the obvious, why have DICE recognized the 'joystick' again:-)
Sat 06/03/10 at 19:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
Used to play a few FPS's on the pc back in the day, they were terrible compared to now, but I stuck with the mouse and keyboard. That's one reason that cross platform multiplayer (PC with Xbox/PS3) will never work because the pc gamers have a huge advantage of a fast moving mouse.
Sat 06/03/10 at 19:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
benitez01 wrote:
> Like when you are on PC Playing Modern Warfare when you're new to
> the game it's really difficult and you get killed a lot

Welcome benitez01 to the forums,

No....the question was:

So, do PC players of MW2 use the keyboard/mouse combination or a sneaky.......XBox controller......:-) ?

Sat 06/03/10 at 19:05
Regular
Like when you are on PC Playing Modern Warfare when you're new to the game it's really difficult and you get killed a lot
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.