GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo vs XBOX vs Playstation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/09/04 at 18:54
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
As most hardcore gamers know there are 3 main consoles that are owned throughout the world. These are Playstation, XBOX and the loveable Gamecube but which 1 do you personally think is the best 1 around?
Thu 16/09/04 at 23:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Racers can hack it - its just down to the fact that the GT series has become pretty much as souless as in its updates as a lot of the EA sequels.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:59
Regular
Ridge Racer and GT sold the PS1... there was no competiton on other consoles.

Racers can't hack it these days, GT3 didn't sell as well as the previous 2 and Project Gotham got a lot of attention but was hardly a major system seller.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yes, GT is currently considered the best in its genre, so if Forza is better ? And as for Ridge Racer, whats that got to do with anything ?
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:54
Regular
Lol... GT sold well because it was the best racer in its genre and Ridge Racer was also a Playstation title.

I can guarentee the game won't even appear in the top 10.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Theres no reason Forza can't create more sales for the XBox. The PGR series is great, but the XBox has lacked a driving game that lets people mod the cars like they can in GT.

Forza is basically Microsoft's answer to GT and is going to be even deeper in how players can mod the cars, etc. So yes, it will be a major game.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:46
Regular
I bet you Paper Mario 2 will increase sales of the Gamecube whilst Forza whatever will do nothing to the X-box sales...

Project Gotham has already done that.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Why not ? The GT series is considered a system shifter and Forza will be better. Theres a large number of people that don't consider ordering flowers around and magic mushroom addicted plumbers as the kind of material to cream their pants over.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:30
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:

> Actually no - Fable, Halo 2, Forza Motorsport and Star Wars Knights
> Of The Old Republic 2 all spring to mind straight off. ;-)

Forza Motorsport... oh yes AAA title in the waiting obviously... system shifter indeed.

Didn't think Knights 2 was out this year.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I thought it was really good. The only thing I would really change is the combat. I would have preferred more control.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:05
Regular
If KOTOR2 is as boring as the original, I certainly wont be buying it.

[URL]http://www.lorl.co.uk/Games/Reviews/xbox/kotor.htm[/URL] - an old review of mine - probably a little too generous.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.