GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo vs XBOX vs Playstation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/09/04 at 18:54
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
As most hardcore gamers know there are 3 main consoles that are owned throughout the world. These are Playstation, XBOX and the loveable Gamecube but which 1 do you personally think is the best 1 around?
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:28
Regular
I've actually lost all my interest in Nintendo at the minute because of the lack of games.

I was as Ninty as anyone, owning a NES, SNES, GB, GC, GBA and GC but because of the lack of games coming out for it recently it's lost its ways a bit. Role on next year is all I can say.
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:18
Regular
E3 for Nintendo was superb... would have been better if they had shown the world the original design for the DS there.

Reggie rules, NGC thinks Nintendo should give away 2 controllers a memory card and a Reggie figurine when they launch Revolution. How I laughed.
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:49
"The Will of D."
Well I really think (but usually most of what I think most people disagree with) that nintendo had the best E3 showing, and that all the critics from magazines that are nuetral (yeah right) thought that the more popular consoles had better E3's even though most of the stuff up there was to be expected anyway, wheras realistic Zelda was thought to have been cel shaded zelda 2, now that had a massive crowd going ooooooooooh! and ahhhhhhh! and some laughs from the Regginator.
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:20
Regular
First few car classes are slow, to simulate the slower speeds of the slower car classes.

The game does get much faster further on...nothing like Burnout speeds though.

If it weren't for Live...I probably wouldn't have the Xbox now. There are a few games I love playing offline, but the thought of just having them and the other games offline makes me go "meh" at Xbox.
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:02
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Until KOTOR and Rainbow Six 3 (for Live anyway, offline it's crap) and
> PGR2, there was nowt on Xbox except Halo. In my view anyway.

I've played PGR2 and found it dissapointing.. very slow despite prettiness. Haven't played the other two games so can't pass judgement, but seriously, two games? *Two* killer aps apart from Halo? That isn't worth getting a system for.
Fri 17/09/04 at 20:41
Regular
No, the clips just made me think, "meh" and I just got bored. I then went back to concocting new ideas in my head for the new Zelda game.

I'm still getting Halo 2 - no question about that. I just wasn't impressed by Microsoft's E3.
Fri 17/09/04 at 19:26
"The Will of D."
Edgy wrote:
> Savatt78 wrote:
> Well you've only owned an Xbox for a few days haven't you ? It was
> announced at E3 in the Microsoft press conference. Theres also a
> site for it that shows a lot about it.
>
> I've had the Xbox for a number of years now and it's only through
> reading this topic I've heard of that Forza whateveritscalled game.
>
> Mind you, I think E3 had the opposite effect on me than it did other
> Xbox fans. It put me off Halo 2 a little (unlike the year it was
> first shown)

How so? Did they reveal too much information that could have been provided upon release?
Fri 17/09/04 at 19:01
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Well you've only owned an Xbox for a few days haven't you ? It was
> announced at E3 in the Microsoft press conference. Theres also a
> site for it that shows a lot about it.

I've had the Xbox for a number of years now and it's only through reading this topic I've heard of that Forza whateveritscalled game.

Mind you, I think E3 had the opposite effect on me than it did other Xbox fans. It put me off Halo 2 a little (unlike the year it was first shown)
Fri 17/09/04 at 16:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Until KOTOR and Rainbow Six 3 (for Live anyway, offline it's crap) and PGR2, there was nowt on Xbox except Halo. In my view anyway.
Fri 17/09/04 at 15:23
"The Will of D."
tphi wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Until late last year the only reason to get an Xbox over anything
> else
> was Halo, so all those games are entirely void, because the console
> offered sod all until that time, when it got good.
>
> Got good? I must be missing something somewhere.

No you haven't missed anything, my friend had bought an xbox on release, and after about a month stopped playing it because there was nothing decent that he could buy, although i don't think project gotham racing intrigued him for about a month, so maybe even less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.