GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo vs XBOX vs Playstation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/09/04 at 18:54
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
As most hardcore gamers know there are 3 main consoles that are owned throughout the world. These are Playstation, XBOX and the loveable Gamecube but which 1 do you personally think is the best 1 around?
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:02
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Until KOTOR and Rainbow Six 3 (for Live anyway, offline it's crap) and
> PGR2, there was nowt on Xbox except Halo. In my view anyway.

I've played PGR2 and found it dissapointing.. very slow despite prettiness. Haven't played the other two games so can't pass judgement, but seriously, two games? *Two* killer aps apart from Halo? That isn't worth getting a system for.
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:20
Regular
First few car classes are slow, to simulate the slower speeds of the slower car classes.

The game does get much faster further on...nothing like Burnout speeds though.

If it weren't for Live...I probably wouldn't have the Xbox now. There are a few games I love playing offline, but the thought of just having them and the other games offline makes me go "meh" at Xbox.
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:49
"The Will of D."
Well I really think (but usually most of what I think most people disagree with) that nintendo had the best E3 showing, and that all the critics from magazines that are nuetral (yeah right) thought that the more popular consoles had better E3's even though most of the stuff up there was to be expected anyway, wheras realistic Zelda was thought to have been cel shaded zelda 2, now that had a massive crowd going ooooooooooh! and ahhhhhhh! and some laughs from the Regginator.
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:18
Regular
E3 for Nintendo was superb... would have been better if they had shown the world the original design for the DS there.

Reggie rules, NGC thinks Nintendo should give away 2 controllers a memory card and a Reggie figurine when they launch Revolution. How I laughed.
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:28
Regular
I've actually lost all my interest in Nintendo at the minute because of the lack of games.

I was as Ninty as anyone, owning a NES, SNES, GB, GC, GBA and GC but because of the lack of games coming out for it recently it's lost its ways a bit. Role on next year is all I can say.
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:32
Regular
There is always this talk around the summer/end of summer...

We had a great start, a crap middle... but PAper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2 and Donkey Konga should liven up the next 3 months.
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:36
Regular
The only one that slightly interests me there is Paper Mario 2.

However theres at least 5 good games I want next year.
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Edgy wrote:
>> If it weren't for Live...I probably wouldn't have the Xbox now. There
> are a few games I love playing offline, but the thought of just
> having them and the other games offline makes me go "meh"
> at Xbox.
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:54
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> The only one that slightly interests me there is Paper Mario 2.
>
> However theres at least 5 good games I want next year.

Well I'm glad to see you interested in Paper Mario 2...

But Donkey Konga's going to be really good fun...

And I thought we were all looking forward to Pikmin and 90% of us can't wait for Prime.

What about tales of Symphonia???
Sat 18/09/04 at 12:08
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> And I thought we were all looking forward to Pikmin and 90% of us
> can't wait for Prime.

Wasn't too keen on first release for each, although I'd deffinately be willing to play both if I have the oppertunity.

> What about tales of Symphonia???

That's another title I'm slightly interested in.

To be honest I'm more of a coop/multiplayer guy myself so if Primes multiplayer is anything more than a crappy add in I'll probably get it.

Speaking of coop, isn't it about time they released a Mario & Luigi coop game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.