GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The SR Battle of Hoth...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 15:56
Regular
Which of you slaaaaags is getting Battlefront and has Live then?

Me thinks we should all get together on Live and play all the battles from the original trilogy at some point. Not particuarly fussed about the prequels though I would like to kick some Ja Ja Binks ass around the place.

Only 1 week till the game should be in my hands, will hopefully be filling the online gap that the crappy Burnout 3 servers left.
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Touched!"
Everything is going as planned...*evil laugh*
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What do IGN know anyway? Well....y'know 8.5 is good for me! - there seems to be a fair amount of levels, and D/L content I reckon. Can't wait.
Sat 18/09/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Touched!"
Gonna pre-order this baby now..you rebel scum!
Sat 18/09/04 at 17:08
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> They said the levels are a bit too linear in the multiplayer and
> there aren't enough of them so they doubt it'll last you long. Oh and
> the single player sucks ass, could have predicted that though.

There's still a chance of downloadable levels though, right? Either way it's still gonna kick some serious ass.
Sat 18/09/04 at 15:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Of course you can towcable an ATAT, thats pretty much the major point of getting in a Snowspeeder. And you don't control an army, you control one soldier, although you can order nearby CPU troops to follow you, etc so you have backup.

Don't think you'll get to use the Falcon. Saw it in the hanger on Hoth, but I wasn't allowed to get in it. The only craft available on Hoth is the Snowspeeder. You'll get to jump into X-Wings and TIEs in other levels, but don't expect the Falcon to be available.

Going back to that towcable thing, Snowspeeder pilots might want some practise before jumping into multiplayer battles. Most people were having some problems flying them around well, but then you can mess around with how sensitive the controls are, so wouldn't be surprised if people were screwing with that at the show. Lost count of the amount of times I had to go back into the options and put everything back to normal after someone had practically reversed everything.

If you encounter a couple of decent ATAT drivers with a good amount of troops as backup, you're going to have a major fight on your hands. ;-)
Sat 18/09/04 at 13:23
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
And you cant Towcable an AT-AT walker, only an AT-ST so Tilta your Speeder methods might not work on Cyclone. Beat him back with an X-Wing.
Sat 18/09/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Do you command an army or just one thing? If its the latter im going to Millenium falcon all of your asses.
Sat 18/09/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Touched!"
8.5 is good enough for me, just read the review myself, still looks excellent online.
Sat 18/09/04 at 12:48
Regular
Got 8.5 on IGN.

They said the levels are a bit too linear in the multiplayer and there aren't enough of them so they doubt it'll last you long. Oh and the single player sucks ass, could have predicted that though.

Still gonna get it though.
Sat 18/09/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I loved the feel of that PS2 demo. Even though I'm getting it on Xbox, it just felt really good to play. The only other shooter I've had like that is Halo, where the weapons feel really meaty. Quite surprised me, because most shooters on PS2 have guns that wave around like balloons on string. If they get the handling of the vehicles right too, then I'm sold.

Now, will somebody donate me their broadband and Live...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.