GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The SR Battle of Hoth...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 15:56
Regular
Which of you slaaaaags is getting Battlefront and has Live then?

Me thinks we should all get together on Live and play all the battles from the original trilogy at some point. Not particuarly fussed about the prequels though I would like to kick some Ja Ja Binks ass around the place.

Only 1 week till the game should be in my hands, will hopefully be filling the online gap that the crappy Burnout 3 servers left.
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:22
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> ßulle†† wrote:
> Thankfully you can remove the bots from the online games.
>
> Anyone got the demo with the DVD Box set? If so I might see you
> online tonight
>
> Is the demo playable on live? If so I *might* go and grab the Box
> set. Any idea what shops are likely to be charging?

As far as I know it's Live playable. Most places are doing it for £30 but HMV are doing it for £35, where you can also get the exclusive Gold Edition :D
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:21
Regular
"8==="
I can kill Ewoks in it?
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:19
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Hedfix wrote:
> the sagacious one wrote:
> From IGN.com
>
> "Your own AI actually run as fast as possible at the beginning
> of each level straight for the speeders and other vehicles, and take
> off without giving you a chance to get in yourself".
>
> Heh.
>
> "Oy that's mine!"
>
> *Snipes AI in the head*

Imagine if an Ewok takes the vehicle that you wanted. Just imagine it. Then crashes it into the newly available, even cooler, vehicle that has just spawned.

Ewokocide.

What they should have done is include an option for you to start on or in a vehicle, in one player mode. It's your game after all...
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:10
Regular
"Touched!"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Thankfully you can remove the bots from the online games.
>
> Anyone got the demo with the DVD Box set? If so I might see you
> online tonight

Is the demo playable on live? If so I *might* go and grab the Box set. Any idea what shops are likely to be charging?
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:07
Regular
Thankfully you can remove the bots from the online games.

Anyone got the demo with the DVD Box set? If so I might see you online tonight
Mon 20/09/04 at 11:52
Regular
What made me alugh is the AI team mates apparently grab all the available vehicles and then either fly them round in circles or drive them into the nearest cliff.

Me thinks they need an "oi you tw@t, give me my snowspeeder back" button.

Definetly gonna be an online game, think the single player will only be worth playing to learn the game types and stuff.
Mon 20/09/04 at 11:48
Regular
"8==="
the sagacious one wrote:
> From IGN.com
>
> "Your own AI actually run as fast as possible at the beginning
> of each level straight for the speeders and other vehicles, and take
> off without giving you a chance to get in yourself".

Heh.

"Oy that's mine!"

*Snipes AI in the head*

>
Mon 20/09/04 at 11:46
"Darth Vader 3442321"
From IGN.com

"Your own AI actually run as fast as possible at the beginning of each level straight for the speeders and other vehicles, and take off without giving you a chance to get in yourself".

Worrying. Sith Lord Darth Saggy would hate to have to start each level racing my "team mates" to the available vehicles.

The balance of the levels and the limited options on the battlefield are also a concern. Must get broadband, to ensure that any kill made has ruined the life of the gimpoid 13 year old American, who was aiming to play 100 consecutive games without dying, to enable the selection of Darth Vader as a playable character, which he read was possible on a message board.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:39
Regular
"Touched!"
I see it as something to tide me over until Halo 2 really, but I'm hoping it will last me a lot longer than 2 months.
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm, I hope that there are some more customisable options to levels in a future D/L, as it seems some maps are very, very 'one way, and one way only'.

Shame, but it also sounds like it's fantasticly hectic and co-op orientated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.