GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madden NFL 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Madden NFL 2005'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't buy this game then you are stupid/poor. It is clearly the best game on the Gamecube. That is all.
Mon 18/10/04 at 20:01
Regular
I thought the Jets defence would do well, and they did, but doing well didn't invlove many ints or sacks, which is what's needed to score points.

I emailed them last week telling them I couldn't make any transfers on Saturday (because I couldn't), and they emailed me on monday, telling me to email them saying who to transfer for who.
I didn't see the email till wednesday though, so i was gutted.
I would have changed my defence, kicker, QB and TE, of course, and made a mammoth of a winning.

An have fun in Iceland.
I went to the airport in Rekyavic (or whatever0, it was boring.
Mon 18/10/04 at 19:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The trick is to pick the defense. Everything else is pretty much rudimentary, perhaps with one or two different choices (Carr this week for me). I'm keeping my defense under wraps, and you'll never find out who i picked or how i did until 2 Saturdays time, because next sunday I'm off to Iceland for a week. Don't worry, I'll be recording all the NFL and won't miss a minute of it. I predict that saturday will be an nfl only day.
Mon 18/10/04 at 16:18
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I was weeping about my Lee Suggs pick until he got 100yds receiving
> and the last touchdown in the game. Ahahah go me. Also, I haven't
> checked David Carr's stats but I should have picked Jeff Garcia, and
> the Bengals Defense. Damn Lions, I thought they would get lots of
> turnovers against the pack, who are -9 in turnovers, but alas, not
> even one.

BEWARE. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE RAIDERS GAME a wee bit (In case you haven't watched it)

I had Curtis Martin, then I changed it to Reuben Droughns (or whatever) and then to Rudy Johnson as my running back. The first two did amazingly well, with Droughns scoring the last touchdown of the game, he got about 25 points or so. Johnson did absolutely balls. Like, 4 yrds or something.

:(

NO LONGER TALKING ABOUT RAIDERS GAME I AM!

After Culpepper did so well last week, only an idiot wouldn't choose him.
I'm an idiot.

5 touchdown throws. 5!!

I picked the Jets defence, because I thought they'd hump SF, which they didn't. Boo.

Next weeks players are a cinch to pick though.

Minnesota are playing the Titans
Seattle the Cardinals
Philly are playing the Browns
Indianapolis the Jaguars.

I'm spoiled for choice I am.
Mon 18/10/04 at 14:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Carr did really well, again. Texans (and Carr in particular) are looking pretty impressive, for some reason.
Mon 18/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I was weeping about my Lee Suggs pick until he got 100yds receiving and the last touchdown in the game. Ahahah go me. Also, I haven't checked David Carr's stats but I should have picked Jeff Garcia, and the Bengals Defense. Damn Lions, I thought they would get lots of turnovers against the pack, who are -9 in turnovers, but alas, not even one.
Sun 17/10/04 at 21:02
Regular
Since both the Eagles game and Seahawks games are not televised, I'm gojng to talk about them below, as currently, they sound like awesome games.

The Patriots went 20-3 up rather quickly - about halfway through the second quarter the second quarter.
I was gutted.
Went off to play Mario Kart, and looked at the score, 23-17. It's 23-20 at the moment.
I wish I'd picked Josh Brown as my kicker, he's scored 4 field goals. 4!!

I picked Akers from teh Eagles though, who's having a good game, it's currently 30-8 to the Eagles. 3 field goals from Akers, plus 3 good PATs.
I dunnop if that'll end up as more FF points. Don't care really.
I picked a bad player in the Browns/Bengals game, but since it's televised, i won't say who or from what team or what position etc.
Owens is doing alright, as is McNabb, enough to get me some decent points, but I picked the Jets defence, which was a mistake.

I'm not winning this week I don't think, unless the Jets start doing well.
1 sack overall they have in the game. No ints.

I suck at this FF malarky.

Edit: And the Patriots score a touchdown.
I am weeping.

Gutted. It ended 30-20, with the Seahawks having possession on the NE 1 yd line.

30-27 would have been a much better scoreline.

Sun 17/10/04 at 17:31
Regular
What I want to know is why stopping the CPU from getting any yards of total offence is only a level 5 Madden Challenge.
It'll be like a million times more difficult than any of the Level 6 challenges.
Sat 16/10/04 at 12:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh well after the cheating computer with its cheating waze tried to beat me, I went straight back and beat the Redskins 33-3 and they only got 93 yards of total offense. Then I went into the playoffs and only conceded 10 points in 3 games, one of which was another 44-0 victory over the stupid patriots, who, just as last year, finished the season 14-2, but who still couldnt even get a first down in the whole first 3 quaters of the superbowl.
Now, however, I'm having all sorts of salary cap problems, because Stupid Andy Reid decided to get Javon Kearse and Terrell Owens on huge slaries which means that I'm going to have to ditch most of my Pro Bowl offensive line, not to mention make a choice between my two amazing running backs. Damn you Reid.
Thu 14/10/04 at 23:16
Regular
I was just whooped by the Patriots.
Cheating SCUM!!

45-6

Thu 14/10/04 at 22:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yes, but you're obviously still as rubbish as before.

RUBBISH!

Just buy the godamn game. Plus a PS2 and Pro Evo 4, and a Gamecube and Pikmin 2. Yes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.