GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madden NFL 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Madden NFL 2005'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't buy this game then you are stupid/poor. It is clearly the best game on the Gamecube. That is all.
Mon 11/10/04 at 16:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Simon Says wrote:
> Anyway, I'm into the off season now, so does anyone who has already
> done it have any tips?

Check exactly what it is that you need, and basically decide whether a rookie will suffice or whether you're willing to pay big bucks in the Free Agent market. The draft is a great place to pick up offensive and defensive linemen, and if you put them in on special teams (punts and field goals though), then they'll improve a huge amount. The same with any new running backs - if you put them in on special teams they'll improve loads. If you really badly nead a QB, then don't go for a rookie, and if you do choose a rookie make sure he can run fast because I garauntee that he'll be a pretty lousy passer. Winning the superbowl means that you have the last pick in each round, so you might consider trading a higher place pick in the first round for a couple of picks later on. If you've only got 3 spaces to fill up then you won't need all 7 rounds of the draft, for instance, so you could trade away 3 of your later picks for a no.10 first round pick, and it'd be worth it. If you've got holes to fill in your backups, I'd suggest doing it with rookies as you don't really ever use your backups in Madden, and there's no sense paying top dollar for someone you'll never use.

If you feel like messing around with the league, take control of some other clubs and then move them to new cities and change their names and uniforms. You don't have to worry about playing as them as you can assign everything to CPU - you'll almost be garaunteed to win the superbowl as well that year as all the teams will be struggling. It does liven up the league down the line when you're playing the Talahassee Cactus-boys or the Bismarck Crack Brigade, and you can give the teams some awful uniforms (brown and pink, anyone?) and stupid names and laugh at them flounder.
Mon 11/10/04 at 16:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AfroJoe wrote:
> The Raiders will beat the Colts.
>
> Fact.

Well, I didn't say they would this weekend...

But they will beat them. Maybe in a few years.
Mon 11/10/04 at 12:40
Regular
"I ush!"
Well, my 49ers went to the superbowl and beat Kansas City 16-13 with a 51 yard field goal in the dying seconds. It did this really cool thing too where is made me kick from a lower angle near the ground, and the pad was vibrating like a heart beat, and the kick went in slow motion :D

Rashaun Woods is going to the pro bowl in his rookie career and all because the cpu never covers the second slot reciever properly.

Anyway, I'm into the off season now, so does anyone who has already done it have any tips?
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:40
Regular
Oh yes. I made an excellent choice in Randy Moss.
2 touchdowns, 90 Receiving yards, and Minnesota are currently in OT, so he could get more..

I wish I'd picked the Colts' defence, 4 sacks and 3 interceptions :(
The Patriots only managed 2 and 1.

Daniel Graham scored a TD.
So did Reggie Wayne, who got 69 receiving yards.

Manning threw 3 TD passes, and 198 yards.
Culpepper threw over 300 and 4 TD passes though, wish I'd picked him.

Still got Shaun Alexander to make up for it later.
And I've no idea what kickerI picked, it wouldn't let me trade earlier.

Don't think I've done all that great.
73 points I think I got.

Wish I'd picked Culpepper.

:(
Thu 07/10/04 at 18:57
Regular
Jazzy Jeff or Smith ANy day.

But Sammy J over Jazzy Jeff every time.

I'm racist. I only like black people, becasue white people, they just can't jump.

Wesley Snipes, he rocks too, but not as much as Lawrence Fishburne.
Thu 07/10/04 at 18:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hahah, you big Will Smith lover you.
Thu 07/10/04 at 18:54
Regular
ah yes.
That sucks.

But I'll whoop yo ass.
Thu 07/10/04 at 18:51
Regular
Hmmm. I thoughjt that was only for teh grand prize (which I'm not bothered about as I can't go, so I'd forfeit it or something, give it to some needy hobo in West Philadelhpia born in raised, who probably spent most of his time in the playground, just, you know, chill out max and relaxing all cool and shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Errrrr.

I just want NFL tops.
Thu 07/10/04 at 18:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
no they'd do a draw LIVE on sky sports
Thu 07/10/04 at 18:46
Regular
Meh, I don't care if I win, and even if I copy you, and you win, it's a tie, and we'd both win.

(But I'll beat you mofo)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.