GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madden NFL 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Madden NFL 2005'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't buy this game then you are stupid/poor. It is clearly the best game on the Gamecube. That is all.
Sun 19/09/04 at 19:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dre' Bly is the Lion's best player. I just played them and I sacked their QB on their first 3 plays, and then forced a fumble the first play of their next series, with a touchdown in the middle. After that I decided to put the game on All-Pro diffculty.

I've even been winnig with my backup QB and HB.
Sun 19/09/04 at 16:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
This game is amazing. Like, really really amazing. I love it.

The Hit Stick is incredible, and the new Franchise stuff is so cool. The radio show is funny, plus the newspaper articles are helpful. I'm 1-1-0 in preseason (after those Green Bay mofos scored a FG with 2 seconds remaining to beat me 25-24), but when the real season starts AJ shall kick bootay.

I found a player called Dre' Bly, but he wouldn't accept my offer. Still, I have Akhbar Gbaja-Biamila so I'm happy.
Sun 19/09/04 at 14:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh and ESPN Football does have a year, you would have played 2k4 seeing as the games were previously part of Sega's 2k series of sports games, and only made an appearance on the Dreamcast.
Sun 19/09/04 at 14:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I've only played 2 games in my franchise so far, and I'm 2-0-0 (I won't lose all season, I'm playing on All Pro and I only concede points in the 4th quater because my defence gets tired. By then I've already complied a 40 odd point lead though)

The radio is excellent, absolutely wonderful. I was so surprised when I heard someone calling in about the Free Trade market, it was great. One of the best additions is the new Email and Position Battle system, as it really adds some personality to the previously sterile franchise mode. You really feel like you're talking to the players and making a difference. I predict that team management becomes easier the more you win, just like fan management did in 2004, but that makes sense I suppose.

The new defensive playmaker controls are excellent and make pass defense (something that was easily the most difficult aspect of the previous games) much more enjoyable and manageable. I love the hit stick too, I've already broke one guys leg on a kick return (hey, what do you expect if you run right towards me?). I can't wait for the offseason, that's my favourite part, with the draft and relocation and so on. Only another 17 games to go before I'm there hurrey.
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:55
Regular
THe only two American Football games I've played are:

ESPN Football (I don't think it has a year, so it makes it the original, probably)
Madden 2002

Compare.
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Buuuy it. I've had it for over a month, and it's genius all the way.
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:10
Regular
Will I start eating 7 hotdogs a day, wear padding whenever I play sports and start calling people jerkasses if I get it?
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best game on the Gamecube, but certainly the best sports title and an extremely great game. The franchise is so deep and consuming I've been playing it all weekend and I haven't even started playing with my friends yet so I got a lot to look forward to.

Franchise at the moment I'm 8-2-0 with the Eagles and I'm confident I can at least make the playoffs. Gerrid where you at in Franchise? The radio is so cool by the way and this is such an improvement over last years.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't buy this game then you are stupid/poor. It is clearly the best game on the Gamecube. That is all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.