GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star wars Battlefront"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Thu 23/09/04 at 12:05
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
So whos got this yet?? been playing it for the past hour and its blooming good fun...ive gone to the darkside of course and so far have 2 victories under my belt...oh well best get back to it.
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:29
Regular
Ordered Battlefront yesterday, decided to order Live today, so should hopefully be able to join in on the action in the next couple of days.

Star Wars, Live, Cant wait!
Sun 26/09/04 at 21:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My best moment so far has to be on Hoth. Just me left against 90 Rebels. The hanger was the last spawn point my team had to stop the countdown running. So I stayed in my ATAT and kicked in everything that came running for me. ;-)

Shot the Speeders as they left the hanger and kept blowing up the gun turrets and troops I had coming after me. Managed to win the battle for the Empire after about 20 minutes of being stubborn and refusing to die. ;-))
Sun 26/09/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Touched!"
I will be on after Gladiator (Channel 4) if anyone fancies a game?
Sun 26/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
cool..i had something like that on single player, came down to my 3 guys vs 27 was doing really well, got it down to 3 vs 1 then it just came up defeat for some reason? i know the other 2 were still alive cause i was looking at the eneamy just before it happend.
Sun 26/09/04 at 18:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Earlier today, 20-player human only (only way to go), on Renvar Citadel. Not my favourite level, but fun all the same.

I was a Rebel Marksman/woman etc blob. I, funking, ruled. I seriously just killed the enemy with airstrikes and sniping and headshots and close range snipes. I killed about 40 guys and died 2/3 times. At one point, we were losing about 40-140 (very bad start, obviously), and we won it in the end at about 4-0. One of the best games ever. I was in a tower, sniping and wreaking havoc, and ordering guys so they could ambush men they couldn't even see, whom I could....

Ruled.
Sun 26/09/04 at 18:07
Regular
well i finished the single game a few days ago but im having fun with live so thats ok
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:10
Regular
"Braaains"
It's pretty good - the AI could be brighter though. It can take down at-ats but can't realize you can drive tanks through shields.
Sat 25/09/04 at 14:13
Regular
"Touched!"
I've hardly touched this game! Got a surprise visit from the g/f so I aint had much time to come on, I'll definetely be on later, so if anyone is hosting a big game thorw me an invite.
Sat 25/09/04 at 03:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, not to mention the geeks that think they're military generals and start screaming at random people on their team when they lose.

Love the game. :-) Had a split sceen battle on Hoth with my cousin tonight. Did some cool kills on Snowspeeders with the ATAT. ;-) Best kill had to be when 2 were trying to tow cable me at the same time and circling in opposite directions. I fired as they started to meet in the middle in front of me and took them both out. ;-)
My cousins favourite kill of mine was probably the one where I shot a fleeing Snowspeeder up the backside, with the shot slamming the Speeder violently into the floor. ;-))

My timing needs practise still, but I'm getting very good at picking them off. ;-) Played through most of the single player stuff, I'm playing the conquest mode now and beating the campaigns on that. :-)

As far as stats go, it'd be nice to see how my ATAT skills are going, but at the same time, I have to agree that its not a bad thing that they're not included. Stats just seem to attract cheaters and whiney gits who just end up ruining the games. Plus its not like you can compete to really get anywhere on the overall table cause Americans get a headstart which pretty much rules out the chances of someone over here managing to compete.
Sat 25/09/04 at 01:38
Regular
Bored of it already?

Madness!

Game really is superb. Just had the most amazing battle on Hoth, lasted absoloutly aaages and came down to literally the last kills with both team being on their final reinforcements. We unfortunatly lost when one of my team mates decided to kamikaze his snow speeder into an imperial standing in Echo Base, killing both him and his co-pilot.

Still, was an excellent game and hella funny as well. One of the reasons I love the fact it has no stats, we were all just having a laugh and didn't really care about loosing because it was a damn good game. If there was stats you can guarantee some bumfaced American would be whining at the suicidal snowspeeder activity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.