GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star wars Battlefront"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Thu 23/09/04 at 12:05
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
So whos got this yet?? been playing it for the past hour and its blooming good fun...ive gone to the darkside of course and so far have 2 victories under my belt...oh well best get back to it.
Fri 24/09/04 at 00:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Revnar is the ice planet. Or some such R-ish name.

Damn you for no-lag 24 player! RAR! I need one! Played on Kashykk earlier, on the waterfront (I think it was Kashykk) - twas class.

I agree about the multi-path thing. On Hoth earlier, the entire map practically flipped around, so the rebel bases were imperial and vice versa - you basically have to use your team effectively to stave off attack and improvise attack plans and moves depending on what the enemy is doing.

One problem - Damn evil people in tanks/ATs at your spawn, especially Echo Base. Grrr.........
Fri 24/09/04 at 00:52
Regular
There's no cumulative stats which is actually damn good, it means everyone who's playing it's there for a laugh and not to get their meaningless statistcs up.

Really love the game, I managed to find a dedicated 24 player server that didn't lag at all so I've been playing on that all night.

I can't understand some of IGN's complaints to be honest, I don't see that there's only 1 way to do certain levels, they're all about capturing points and killing the enemy but how you do it is up to you. Bunch of spackers if you ask me, there's so many levels and they're all so damn big, I don't see this getting boring for a loooong time.

Favourite levels are Hoth, Yavin 4, the Wookie homeplanet, the level from the end of Episode 2 and some snowey level that I don't know the name of.

Really love this game, it's so freaking hectic and excellent. Definetly the best Star wars game I've ever played, it makes Rogue Leader look so pedestrian.
Thu 23/09/04 at 21:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well - you get stats at the end of each round.......but I'm not sure if they are cumulative stats over time or just for one game.

Seriously fun game, and that's just with playing with Creepy and two other friends and some bots! I can't wait until there are plenty of UK 24-player servers up.......

Oh yes. We had an excellent Hoth battle earlier, plus some quality Republic/CIS action on Yavin IV.
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:25
Regular
"8==="
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> Stats suck balls anyway.

If you suck they do.
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> Stats suck balls anyway.

They are what you play for, i want to be a number!
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:24
Regular
"Teal'c"
Stats suck balls anyway.
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:19
Regular
I'll possibly have this tomorrow. Except I may be busy most the weekend and therefore wont have much time to play it...but I will get around to it.
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:42
Regular
"8==="
:'(
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:39
"I love yo... lamp."
What would you do if Perfect Dark 2 doesn't have stats?
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:37
Regular
"8==="
Yes and currently that sounds very good indeed.

People are confusing me. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.