GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Impressed by Killzone"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Sun 03/10/04 at 20:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Saw some videos of this a while back, and despite the hype of the supposed "Halo-beater" - that wasn't even finished, let alone out! - it looked a bit ass. But some more recent videos show that they've sorted out choppy framerates, and now it's looking excellent. Might have to keep an eye on this one...
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:26
Who's from Red vs Blue, by the way....
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:27
Regular
"8==="
What'd be cool would be if you could press the D-pad and switch between various uniform colours in game. So you could switch to black, green, yellow, brown etc to get some camo in different areas.
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:30
Yeah, though I hope they've used the D Pad for something more useful this time round other round; when I played the XB version all it did was emulate the stick.
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Wow, forgot about this thread. I think it shows what a hang-up Sony people have about Halo though - about 2 posts in before it deteriorated into Sony fanboys trying to put it down! Halo is fantastic, and the driving bits are loads of funs. The handling is perfect, and looking where the 'Hog travels is right - they're not space owls, the Master Chief can't turn his head 180 degrees.

I said I was impressed by Killzone, that's all. It looks much better than it did, and I may buy it. Although Halo 2, Half Life 2, and Far Cry on the Xbox will be far superior.
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:46
Regular
Far Cry could turn out crap on the Xbox, as could Call of Duty, in the same way that Vietcong has.

As for Half Life 2, last I heard it was heading to the Xenon...
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:48
Regular
"8==="
Vietcong's supposed to be a lot better than reviews suggest.
Tue 05/10/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmmm seem to have stumbled into the xbox forum by accident
Tue 05/10/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hedfix wrote:
> Vietcong's supposed to be a lot better than reviews suggest.

Vietcong online is excellent, well the PC version anyway. Hope the xbox one lives up - especially the tenseness of Halong Port!
Tue 05/10/04 at 13:30
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
monkey_man wrote:
> perfect, and looking where the 'Hog travels is right - they're not
> space owls, the Master Chief can't turn his head 180 degrees.

Remind me never to get into a car with you then!

I think this thread shows the extent X-box fanboys are willing to go to put down a Sony game actually - if one of Halo's weakest features is being touted as the reason Killzone won't compare (and it DOESN'T compare, it's totally different).

I think all first person games are overrated. Metroid Prime = Dull after a few hours. Halo = Dull if you play for longer than half an hour at a time. No doubt Killzone will be dull as well.
Tue 05/10/04 at 14:25
Regular
Vietcong on the PC is excellent, the Xbox version is different though, as will the Far Cry and Call of Duty versions.

Why spoil a good book for the sake of originality? Rarely works.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.