GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Impressed by Killzone"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Sun 03/10/04 at 20:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Saw some videos of this a while back, and despite the hype of the supposed "Halo-beater" - that wasn't even finished, let alone out! - it looked a bit ass. But some more recent videos show that they've sorted out choppy framerates, and now it's looking excellent. Might have to keep an eye on this one...
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:07
Regular
"8==="
Darwock wrote:

> I think this thread shows the extent X-box fanboys are willing to go
> to put down a Sony game actually -

Hardly, a lot of the time marketing for Playstation games tries to shout about being better than a more advanced competeing game we've seen it time and time again:

"Tomorrow Never Dies will be our Goldeneye"

"Mace Griffin will be better than Halo"

"Firewarrior will be better than Halo"

It's a case of the boy crying 'Halo beater' too many times. Nobody believes the claims anymore.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:33
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I'm not saying Killzone will be crap but I really think it'd be a much better contender to Halo 2 if it was on the Xbox as well as the PS2. Rememeber SWB? Seems like everyone has forgot about that now, remember how hyped up it was? Look at it now, lets be honest, it's crap compared to most PS2 games and everyone was expecting it to be the best Online PS2 game ever.

IMO, I see PS2 Online as being cheap. When you have both Xbox Live and Central Station you'll see where im coming from. Xbox Live is so much more sophisticated and the service is excellent, plus, there is no major pause when logging on and the games supporting Live really are fantastic. PGR2 is a great example, it takes literally 2 seconds to logg onto it's online mode and there is hardly ANY lagg when playing online.

I think Killzone will probaby beat every Online PS2 game out right now but I doubt it'll beat Halo 2 with Central Station's service.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:37
Regular
"8==="
It won't beat Halo 2.

It's doubtful it'll beat Halo either considering the hardware limitations.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It just shows the difference between a free service and a subscription service. Obviously some of the money from the live subscription goes to providing the service whereas sony went down the free route.

PS2 online gaming hasn't been too bad for me, Socom2 and SWB run quite well, tend to find some lag with SWB but when you join a decent hosted room everything is fine.

A few live enabled games appeal to me, Pro evo 4, halo2 but not enough to make me buy an xbox just to play them.

Looking forward to killzone, hopefully it will be good and not suffer from any drop in frame rates or just an average online mode. JUst hope it will be run on Sony's servers to allow the best online play possible.
Tue 05/10/04 at 19:17
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> if one of Halo's weakest features
> is being touted as the reason Killzone won't compare .

Errrrr so because you couldn't drive the vehicles they automatically become one of Halo's weakest features. Even though every single review from all the major game critics that actually matter, raved about them?

Thanks for that geeza!

Anyway I didn't enter this topic to try and tell you Halo is better than Killzone, I was just taking part in the discussion. Which is exactly what it was until the PS2 folk got defensive and called us all fanboys for mentioning different consoles (perish the thought).

I was never a massive fan of Halo anyway and from what I've read Killzone is a very different game.
Wed 06/10/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sorry Tilt but this is the Sony forum so you can forgive us if when Xbox fans start a discussion about their console in here that we may get a little annoyed, like i'm sure you would if the Xbox forum started to get populated by us lot talking about San Andreas or whatever. I've got no problem with any console or its owners, would be pretty sad if i did, but this forum is already filled with enough off-topic nonsense as it is.

Hope you understand
Wed 06/10/04 at 13:21
Regular
Indeed. Lets appreciate what should be a top draw title.
Wed 06/10/04 at 13:23
Regular
"8==="
We've had discussions on SA in Xbox for a while now. Usually centred around if it's coming over or not but it branches off from that.

Plus it's been the best discussion in here for months.
Wed 06/10/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heh can't deny that, i'm thinking of getting an Xbox just so i can go into that forum and start having decent discussions again about gaming.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:36
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>major game critics that actually matter

Bit of an oxymoron that one.. game critics that actually matter??! erm, that'll be all of zero then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.