GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone here play..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/10/05 at 13:09
Regular
the guitar solo from Sweet Child o' Mine? If you can, you are a God.
Wed 12/10/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Swing that wang...

To be honest, I couldn't care less. I'm better than someone, someone is better than me, someone is better than them...at the end of the day I play my own style, not a rip-off of Malmwetsfjwk or Gilbert or XYZ person that can play fast. All my favourite guitarists are innovators, not fret-rapists. I've studied classical, rock, glam, jazz, blues, funk. Metal rates pretty low in the interest and difficulty factor.
Wed 12/10/05 at 22:14
Regular
"8==="
Dodgy weather ahead with my longwang.
Wed 12/10/05 at 22:16
Regular
"Colourless"
monkey_man wrote:
> chromatism

Oooh... Somebody knows what they're talking about...

^o)
Wed 12/10/05 at 22:25
Regular
"8==="
"Dimebag Darrel found chromatose"
Sun 16/10/05 at 19:08
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
monkey_man wrote:
>
>
> Metal rates pretty low in the interes**t and difficulty factor.

Totally depends on the kind of metal. If you mean the kind of bands that play nothing but de-tuned powerchords, then yeah I couldnt agree more. But try playing the solos from something like pantera, ozzy, or the less melodic slayer, and its some seriously technical sh*t!!! The bes**t guitaris**ts ive heard recently are in a band called Dragonforce; download 'My Spirit Will Go On' from their website ([URL]http://www.dragonforce.com[/URL]) and i can guarantee you will never again ques**tion the difficulty of metal soloing :D (proper metal of course, not jus**t noise :p)
Sun 16/10/05 at 19:13
Regular
"bot"
Great, it's fast. It's also abysmal.
Sun 16/10/05 at 20:17
Regular
"The definitive tag"
metalhead wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
>
>
> Metal rates pretty low in the interes**t and difficulty factor.
>
> Totally depends on the kind of metal. If you mean the kind of bands
> that play nothing but de-tuned powerchords, then yeah I couldnt agree
> more. But try playing the solos from something like pantera, ozzy, or
> the less melodic slayer, and its some seriously technical sh*t!!!

Aye, metal isn't all the same. There's toss like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit who are considered to be metal, but they play some fairly simplis**tic s**tuff in comparison with heavier bands.

That extra ability (or use of it) pays dividends as well as I find that I generally prefer heavier music.
Sun 16/10/05 at 20:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I know what metal is, I spent most of my sixth form playing it, only to realise what a waste of time it was. "Great, I can upstage everyone else, whoo! Look at me go...no wait come back friends!".

And this was before pap like Linkin Park and Limp Wotsit, that shouldn't even be categorised as music.
Sun 16/10/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
metalhead wrote:
> best guitarists ive heard recently are in a band called Dragonforce;
> download 'My Spirit Will Go On' from their website
> ([URL]http://www.dragonforce.com[/URL]) and i can guarantee you will
> never again question the difficulty of metal soloing :D (proper metal
> of course, not just noise :p)

Very nice and well produced (I'd call it glam-metal), but heard it all before I'm afraid.
Sun 16/10/05 at 20:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Great, it's fast. It's also abysmal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.