GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XII"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
"You have a choice"
I have very mixed feelings about this.

I'm looking forward to it, because it's a Final Fantasy and I lvoe FF games. However, X and X-2 were a huge disappointment to me (Especially compared to VII and VIII). The story's have been weaker, the FMVs at the end (which I found were really rewarding in VII and VIII) were short and uninteresting, and the soundtracks (X was pretty good, but X-2 was disgusting!) have been poorer.

I was disappoiinted as well to hear Nobuo Uematsu won't be doing FFXII apart from 1 song, so we can expect not to hear the tunes that have become symbolic of FF (the Victory Fanfare for instace). The other thing that worries me is the absence of Random Battles. Real Time is good, but I come to associate Random Battles with Final Fantasy, and I loved them!

What do you think? Another scratch on the name of Final Fantasy? Or are we going to see a triumphant return to form for Sakaguchi and his team?

(also...release date anyone?)
Tue 15/11/05 at 09:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It was, the others came later
Tue 15/11/05 at 09:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Might have to have a look out for them I thought the first one on the PS1 was FF7.
Mon 14/11/05 at 18:58
"period drama"
There's been 1&2, 4&5 and 6 released together for the PS1 ... some of them for the gameboy if you've got it, and I'm sure they'll be avaliable on PC legally or not.
4's the best, dunno what's happening with 3, though.
Mon 14/11/05 at 17:04
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I've olny played from FF7 onwards - were the earlier ones any good and are they available for say the PC or PS1/2 as I wouldn't mind having a go on them?
Mon 14/11/05 at 10:16
Regular
"You have a choice"
Cycloon wrote:
> Lukeman, you do realise FF was on Nintendo consoles before, i.e, why
> are they not definitive?

They were, I'm just saying CC was a flop. I prefer the Sony ones to the old SNES ones, just because you can have it so much bigger. But yeah, the old games were definitive, but I think if FF is gonna go back to Nintendo at any time, they need to make it more like the old nintendo/sony games, and less like CC.
Sat 12/11/05 at 16:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nah too poor for all that, i'll just stick with the PS2 and all its RPG goodness that it offers. Dragon Warrior 8, Suikoden Tactics, Tales of Legendia and Namco x Capcom should more than satisfy me for the next couple of months until Nippon Ichi unveil whatever masterpiece they have in store next
Sat 12/11/05 at 15:44
"period drama"
Gonna get a GC yet then, Kawada?
Fire Emblem just came out ... lovely lovely strategy RPGing.
Sat 12/11/05 at 04:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I miss turn based battles, all this hack 'n' slash nonsense is boring. Luckily though the PS2 has seen lots of strategy RPG's on the market so woo hoo. Plus Dragon Warrior has stuck with the traditional system i believe and they were always better than the FF games anyway. (Though FF7 was the only exception)
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Lukeman, you do realise FF was on Nintendo consoles before, i.e, why are they not definitive?

+ Tales of Symphonia had done away with the turn based battles about...2 years ago. I'm sure many other RPGs have...oh yes, they have...
Fri 11/11/05 at 19:37
Regular
"Bicycle"
Morbo wrote:
> Coin wrote:
>
> VII is too old to be enticing, IX has a nice balance. It also has
> the
> most involving plot / world.
>
> How can something be too old to be exciting? It can't just stop, not
> when it has one of the greatest and most enthralling stories I have
> ever played. Quality speaks for itself, and FF7 is quality.

I dunno how something can be too old to be exciting.

I do know that VII was too old to be enticing.

See the difference?

- Mind, I'm talking about the graphics and sound. They're just too dated to make it one of those 'oooh, why don't I get that?', which isn't to say that it isn't one of the greatest games ever, just that it's too easy to get frustrated with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.