GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England line up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/10/05 at 20:19
Regular
Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Robert Green (Norwich), Chris Kirkland (Liverpool/West Brom)

Defenders: Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Phil Neville (Everton), Luke Young (Charlton), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), Ledley King (Tottenham)

Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Alan Smith (Man Utd), Kieran Richardson (Man Utd)

Strikers: Michael Owen (Newcastle), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Darren Bent (Charlton), Peter Crouch (Liverpool).

Think I like that. Although I'd pick Scott Parker over Alan Smith.

Especially in midfield.

Nice to see Crouch and Bent make the team.
Mon 03/10/05 at 18:05
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
Forest Fan wrote:
> I don't get this. What's wrong with Robbo? He's in very good form and
> has consistently performed well for England.

I'll have to agree with you on that one. Keep him in.

Robinson
Carragher-Terry-Campbell-A.Cole
SWP-Lampard-Stevie-J.Cole
Owen-Bent

On form and common sense , the team picks its self
Mon 03/10/05 at 17:10
Regular
"0228"
My choice:

Robinson
Carragher - Campbell - Terry - Cole A
Beckham - Lampard - Gerrard - Cole J
Owen - Defoe
Mon 03/10/05 at 16:29
Regular
munn wrote:
> He's wrong to have an opinion?
>
> England need a good keeper (a GOOD one), so they should experiment
> and find the best.
>
> Before Walter Smith took over teh Scotland team I don't think many
> people would have agreed that Gordon would be our best keeper, but
> since he started playing I don't think any Scot in the entire world
> would want anyone else between the sticks.
>
> England should take the same chances.

--

Yup, I agree. Robinson just fell into the role because James had been awful for a few matches. Kirkland was injured, Carson didn't have enough experience, Lee Camp wasn't ready yet and Green had just got into the Premiership.

Now Kirkland is fit and showing form, and Green proved over a season how well he did in an underperforming side against the best attackers in the country.

Carson/Camp are still too young, but they're the future.

And as for 'knowing nothing about football', you're blatantly just a reg in disguise. Plus I don't care.
Mon 03/10/05 at 16:10
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I don't get this. What's wrong with Robbo? He's in very good form and has consistently performed well for England.
Mon 03/10/05 at 15:36
Regular
He's wrong to have an opinion?

England need a good keeper (a GOOD one), so they should experiment and find the best.

Before Walter Smith took over teh Scotland team I don't think many people would have agreed that Gordon would be our best keeper, but since he started playing I don't think any Scot in the entire world would want anyone else between the sticks.

England should take the same chances.
Mon 03/10/05 at 15:15
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> I like Green, and if he came to a Premiership club he'd do well. Can't
> blame a keeper for his teams decline. He's a better shot-stopper than
> Robinson and he's more mobile.

I've only been registered for a few hours and the posts you have made seem to suggest you know nothing about football.
Mon 03/10/05 at 14:32
Regular
I like Green, and if he came to a Premiership club he'd do well. Can't blame a keeper for his teams decline. He's a better shot-stopper than Robinson and he's more mobile.
Mon 03/10/05 at 14:03
Regular
"..."
Stryke wrote:
> Anyway, yeah:
>
> Green

GREEN?!?! Not exactly been in stirling form for Norwich this season and that's in the Championship. Stick with Robinson I say.
Mon 03/10/05 at 13:13
Regular
When exactly have you seen him be dire? In the 2002 World Cup, he played well, but since then he's had about 10 mins per match, and that's not enough time to look good OR bad. So this strikes me as you dismissing him because he doesn't play in the Premiership.

"it's alright bossing your midfield at club level" - Scott Parker doesn't even do this and yet people are clamouring for him to be the saviour of the English midfield.
Mon 03/10/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Stryke wrote:
> Oh yeah, Hargreaves is sooooo bad. Ignore the fact him and Ballack
> control the most successful midfield in Germany, and that he's
> technically better than pretty much everyone but Rooney in the
> England team. He's the perfect squad player and has deserved to start
> in the past. God knows he's better than Carrick,Jenas,Parker,Butt and
> the rest of the average squad.

It's alright him bossing the midfield at club level, but whenever i have seen him play for England he has been dire, albeit he doesn't get enough time to shine, but when he does he just runs around like a headless chicken.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.