GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England line up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/10/05 at 20:19
Regular
Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Robert Green (Norwich), Chris Kirkland (Liverpool/West Brom)

Defenders: Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Phil Neville (Everton), Luke Young (Charlton), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), Ledley King (Tottenham)

Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Alan Smith (Man Utd), Kieran Richardson (Man Utd)

Strikers: Michael Owen (Newcastle), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Darren Bent (Charlton), Peter Crouch (Liverpool).

Think I like that. Although I'd pick Scott Parker over Alan Smith.

Especially in midfield.

Nice to see Crouch and Bent make the team.
Wed 05/10/05 at 20:29
Regular
Blank wrote:
> > And use Richardson on the left so we don't have to see the Hunchback
> of Stamford Bridge.

--

He competes with a beloved ex-La Liga player....Must be crap.
Wed 05/10/05 at 19:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Oh, and he doesn't just play out on the right for Madrid. It's much more free roaming than that. His assist to Ronaldo against Alaves was from the middle, his assist to Ronaldo against Mallorca was from way over on the left and down the pitch. As Graham Hunter pointed out on Revista, not only did he cross the ball perfectly from what was a position usually occupied by a left back to Ronaldo over on the right, he then ran over and overlapped Ronaldo as he took the shot.

His workrate is second to absolutely nobody at the biggest club in world, he's on blinding form, you'd be mad to drop him. I think he needs that freedom he has at Real to do as well for England. A diamond midfield might do it. A genuine defensive midfielder like Carrick, Parker, even Hargreaves at the back, Beckham on the right, and then Murphy/Gerrard/Lampard at the front. Gerrard and Lampard can't seem to do all that well, be it a momentary thing or that they're just not a good combination. They both like to push forward, but if they do it together, it leaves the defence exposed, so one should stay back. But then you're not really letting that player do what he/she does best, so you may as well have someone who's better defensively anyway. Gerrard has played in front of defensive/central midfielders for Liverpool, I'm sure Lampard could do it, and Murphy's through balls are fantastic. And if Bent is going to feature, well, Murphy is the obvious choice.

And use Richardson on the left so we don't have to see the Hunchback of Stamford Bridge.
Wed 05/10/05 at 19:34
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
GingerD wrote:
> On form? SWP been showing dazzling form of late, has he?
>
> not dazzling, no. but its been a damn sight better than beckhams!

Beckham has 8 assists in his last 4 games. 9 if you count Carlos's second in the Mallorca match. SHUT. UP.
Tue 04/10/05 at 23:37
Regular
JFH wrote:
> What is a stress fracture?

When the bone can't take it any more and cracks under the pressure.
Tue 04/10/05 at 23:29
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Think I like that.

How can you like that?

Jenas over Murphy? Smith over Parker? Neville over Warnock?

What an absolute joke. The epitome of reputation over form.
Tue 04/10/05 at 20:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm very surprised to see Eriksson naming Smith as one of his midfielders, not another striker. In the absence of Wayne Rooney for the first game, having played most of this season so far (allbeit in a midfield role) you could have said he stood a decent chance here.

But I suppose that with Michael Carrick and the Swede's beloved Owen Hargreaves - the man no respected Premierleague side could ever want - he's got to look for other options.

Still no Scott Parker? I really don't understand that one then, even if it is Eriksson. After all, he's playing alonside "***MICHAEL OWEN!!!!**" on a weekly basis....

For as long as Lampard and Gerrard can stave off injury and keep full fitness though, we probably won't see Smithy 'til he's back in a United shirt anyway!

I'd be surprised if Crouch didn't start on Saturday, Beckham [sorry, Eriksson!!] seems to like the long-ball game.
Tue 04/10/05 at 19:37
Regular
When the bone is repeatedly put under....stress.

Warnock for Eng-er-land.
Tue 04/10/05 at 19:21
Regular
"0228"
"Ashley has had to pull out," said coach Sven-Goran Eriksson. "He took a scan and has stress fracture and will be out for one month at least."

What is a stress fracture?
Tue 04/10/05 at 19:13
Regular
"You've upset me"
Stevie II called up in place of Ash Cole. Interesting.
Tue 04/10/05 at 09:21
Regular
After watching him almost every week on sky for Real Madrid, it is a must that we play him on the right, he has been nothing short of immense for Real this year and set up 3 of their 4 goals the other night.

I cant stand the way the media but him on a pedestal eveytime we play, we need to support this clearly class player rather than slate him all the time! If you watch him for Real he plays like he has no care in the world and is definetly one of their top 3 players. Just a shame he cannot produce this for England because he is played out of position, and is under so much pressure from the press and the fans!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.