GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NEW SITE FEATURES COMP - WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 17:01
Regular
HERE ARE THE RESULTS OF THIS COMPETITION. I have read ALL the entries!

A lot of entries mentioned things which have generally been discussed before or are in the pipeline. They include:
User Profiles
Polls
Walkthroughs and Game Guides
Highest Scores
Who is currently posting
Splash Plastic (which is too expensive for us to do)
Online Reddies
Logos and Ringtones (see UKphonetones.com)
Genre search for games
Tell a Friend.

It just goes to show how busy we are that we are unable to get many of the above into place. But hey, expenditure is controlled by income (hint).

I liked Darkness' idea about tutorials, and Mantis made the suggestion to have a "Gamesmaster" of the forums based on competitions for high scores.

Cookie Monster wants people to be able to promote their website (we already offer this for Freeola customers) and he also suggests that we have an office pet which is monitored with a web cam (brilliant).

Monkey_with_Attitude suggests a "most played games of the week" counter on UKgames.com.

Freak of the Dark says our logo should "move or something".

Turbonutter reckons we should run Flash games and this is supported by Shaneo who says we should run SR Arena and give prizes to the best players. Turbonutter also tells us that we are lacking on PC game specification of the type you find on the back of the box and Swish extends this to a link under each title.

CDouch is a "man of a thousand ideas", mostly on the button too. He lists: Information on gaming from around the world, more mini sites like UKgt3, kids corner, celebrity visits and better organised release info including more information on unreleased games (to name but a few of his suggestions).

The rules (written by Kendozod) state "exciting and would attract a lot of visitors".

THE WINNERS ARE:
CDouch for MORE INFORMATION ON UNRELEASED GAMES.
Turbonutter for FLASH GAMES.

Many thanks for all of your participation and, for the time being, I promise not to confuse the issue by holding any other similar competition.

All the obove written by Tony (The Judge)

Below are the original rules written by Kendozod

New Site Features.

Tony has let me loose to post a new and exciting competition!
So here goes:

This competition is for all of you to think up new features for our websites. We already have cheats, clips, demos, discussions etc but are there other features you would like us to add?

The aim here is for the feature to be low admin maintenance and low in cost (obviously!) but be exciting and would attract lots of visitors.

They can be fun, educational, business, reference, silly, cool - anything as long as they NOT sexual or violent in nature.

This competition is open for 1 month and the best ideas that we USE will win a game as part of GAMEADAY. If no ideas are used then I will pick 1 winner that I deem the best.

CLOSING DATE: 8th July 2001

So get thinking and posting. Remember, your suggestions could make a difference!
Page:
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
A stats and graphs page!

Showing the total posts, wins and stats for the users and members of SR, facts like, 'longest serving member' etc...
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
-A rant section where Special Reserve people rant on the current news topics - bit like news@upwire but provides an opinion some people may be able to relate to. Would be amusing to read.

-A Freeola site of the week page where you could feature a members site of the week. This may also encourage the usage of Freeola to get there links featured on the site and get many more hits then they would normally.

-Quiz Page
Just every week put a computer games related quiz on a page which people can easily play by selecting answers (maybe multiple choice) it could be on the latest events in the gaming world or could be to do with video games etc..

More to come!
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:49
"Uzi Lover"
er-no wrote:
> A stats and graphs page!

Showing the total posts, wins and stats
> for the users and members of SR, facts like, 'longest serving
> member' etc...

Nice one, i think it would be cool if there was a line graph with a diffrent coloured line representing each user. One axis could be number of posts/words and the other the days. So we can see how if differs over time.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
cool if there was a line graph with a diffrent coloured
> line representing each user.

I take brown!!

DOH!
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Firstly on my other point it doesn't have to be freeola sites could be all sites belonging to members.

Ok.. other ideas... lemme think.. ahh one more..

-The Rumour Mill
Here you give us the latest rumours on films and games as they are mentioned. So say you heard that Rare were making Perfect Dark 2 you'd say it here. Not all rumours are true.. but some are.. and very exciting.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:58
"Uzi Lover"
er-no wrote:
> Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
cool if there was a line graph with a
> diffrent coloured
> line representing each user.

I take
> brown!!

DOH!

Hehe, red here please!!!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:59
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
-Idea Box
Just a page where people can suggest ideas for the site via a submit box or send their thoughts and why they like/hate the site. Could be good for getting a better idea of how to help your community

-Domain Win
You could run a competition where you can win a Domain name (a week, day, month I don't know). And don't ask me what you win them for.
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
-Polls
A page where you can vote for favourite games and other polls. Makes the site interactive.

-Website Tips page
Basically you tip new people to web design by giving them ideas on what to put on their site and give them basic tutorials.
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:39
here is a good one. Why not have a whole place where you can do an auto biography of yourself. Also other people can do a bigoraphy on you whether it be good or bad.
for instance I can do one on myself, and then do one or RBS or anyone!
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:43
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hmmmm, I haven't come up with any yet.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.