GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NEW SITE FEATURES COMP - WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 17:01
Regular
HERE ARE THE RESULTS OF THIS COMPETITION. I have read ALL the entries!

A lot of entries mentioned things which have generally been discussed before or are in the pipeline. They include:
User Profiles
Polls
Walkthroughs and Game Guides
Highest Scores
Who is currently posting
Splash Plastic (which is too expensive for us to do)
Online Reddies
Logos and Ringtones (see UKphonetones.com)
Genre search for games
Tell a Friend.

It just goes to show how busy we are that we are unable to get many of the above into place. But hey, expenditure is controlled by income (hint).

I liked Darkness' idea about tutorials, and Mantis made the suggestion to have a "Gamesmaster" of the forums based on competitions for high scores.

Cookie Monster wants people to be able to promote their website (we already offer this for Freeola customers) and he also suggests that we have an office pet which is monitored with a web cam (brilliant).

Monkey_with_Attitude suggests a "most played games of the week" counter on UKgames.com.

Freak of the Dark says our logo should "move or something".

Turbonutter reckons we should run Flash games and this is supported by Shaneo who says we should run SR Arena and give prizes to the best players. Turbonutter also tells us that we are lacking on PC game specification of the type you find on the back of the box and Swish extends this to a link under each title.

CDouch is a "man of a thousand ideas", mostly on the button too. He lists: Information on gaming from around the world, more mini sites like UKgt3, kids corner, celebrity visits and better organised release info including more information on unreleased games (to name but a few of his suggestions).

The rules (written by Kendozod) state "exciting and would attract a lot of visitors".

THE WINNERS ARE:
CDouch for MORE INFORMATION ON UNRELEASED GAMES.
Turbonutter for FLASH GAMES.

Many thanks for all of your participation and, for the time being, I promise not to confuse the issue by holding any other similar competition.

All the obove written by Tony (The Judge)

Below are the original rules written by Kendozod

New Site Features.

Tony has let me loose to post a new and exciting competition!
So here goes:

This competition is for all of you to think up new features for our websites. We already have cheats, clips, demos, discussions etc but are there other features you would like us to add?

The aim here is for the feature to be low admin maintenance and low in cost (obviously!) but be exciting and would attract lots of visitors.

They can be fun, educational, business, reference, silly, cool - anything as long as they NOT sexual or violent in nature.

This competition is open for 1 month and the best ideas that we USE will win a game as part of GAMEADAY. If no ideas are used then I will pick 1 winner that I deem the best.

CLOSING DATE: 8th July 2001

So get thinking and posting. Remember, your suggestions could make a difference!
Page:
Tue 21/08/01 at 23:14
ahhhhhhhhh
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:07
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ok I think i have misunderstood what is going on. haha.
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:04
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
This is a kind of site feature. You could have a page called "news" page or something and it would be a news page all about SR and the forums. Top posters, GAD winner list, FAD winner list etc. Latest GAD/FAD winners, new games list, How many regulars there are, newbies etc. Who has the most amount of votes so far in the notable "war". I bet you could think of many more.

This page could be put on www.gameaday.co.uk or www.specialreserve.com Labeled "news".

This is another idea. How about an SR newspaper? Would be as the above but could be sent out to SR customars every month or so.

These are just of the top of my head. No thinking involved ;-)
Sat 18/08/01 at 13:59
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
My idea was mentioned. :)
Sat 18/08/01 at 09:05
Ha ha ha ignore me then.
Fri 17/08/01 at 02:53
pah
Fri 17/08/01 at 02:32
Regular
T.S.Q Rule!
Fri 17/08/01 at 02:30
Fish-e
"quit poking me!! OUCH!!"
Regular stats
on 08/06/2001 at 12.59AM Heres a few simple ideas to start off with:

5. How about a games page with a few, short little games so people could keep themselves amused, a game like snake would do.

I had the games idea first and the turbo jumped on this idea and said to use flash games.

kind of the same idea don't you think.

I should get the game not turbo :D

SR you screwed me and you haven't got anything to say about it.
Fri 17/08/01 at 02:20
SR haven't got any thing to say for themselves!!!

Pah!?

They know they are in the wrong
Tue 14/08/01 at 00:47
grrrrrr
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.