GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's all fake"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/09/05 at 19:37
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
What happens on the ring it's all fake nobody can handle a heavy fat man then throwing him down whta happens on the ring its all fake and it shouldnt be real, I dont know how the blood comeout but the punches look too unreal and fake.

Your opinion
Sun 18/09/05 at 07:40
Regular
"8==="
The physical fights in UFC aren't faked, I've doubts about the credibility of some of the 'rivalries' though.
Sun 18/09/05 at 06:43
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I'm just trying to cool down the atmosphere in this thread. Speaking of heated debates, anyone want to get stuck into Atheist vs. Theist?
Sun 18/09/05 at 05:29
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
All right. Even though it is fake, why do you like watching wrestling. Notice I haven't said anything about fat men.
Sun 18/09/05 at 04:38
Regular
"8==="
I think the best 'wrestling' program I've ever seen was the UFC's version of Big Brother. It was like Big Brother except they smacked the crap out of each other every show.

All real too. :)
Sun 18/09/05 at 02:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Coatsy wrote:
> There is one thing that really annoys me, and that is poor argument
> technique. Jim of Honor, and indeed, many of the people in these
> forums know no way to argue other than to insult. Instead of debating
> the matter properly, you instead attack a person directly, implying
> they're inferior to you, poorly-educated or just plain stupid. This
> style of arguing gives the impression that you can't defend you
> viewpoint so you simply attack the other person.

As opposed to your method of debating which seems to be to totally avoid the points made that blow yours, mob's and Lopes' points to pieces. As you may have noticed JOH responded to the points right after to defend his viewpoint, can't say i blame him to take the chance for some mocking beforehand. Plus weren't you also throwing the insults around anyway with your little *fat men jumping on each other, maybe you like that sort of thing* comment? Feel free to avoid that one as well.

If someone comes in and puts forward a decent point we'll debate it properly, however coming in and saying *It's all fake* or *it's just fat men hugging each other* will get nothing but sarcastic mocking and mick taking
Sun 18/09/05 at 02:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Coatsy wrote:
> Oh and by the way, not everyone does know that it's fake. I for
> instance, know a few people that think it's all real and unscripted.

If that's in response to my point (which i believe it is considering JOH didn't say anything that this would be connected to it) I guess saying *virtually all* wasn't clear enough for you.
Sun 18/09/05 at 02:19
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
lopes is here wrote:
> okay if the topic is it's all fake then what the hell are we are
> supposed to talk about and what i ment is that is now that he is
> older he lacking the wrestling why doesn't he just sit the hell down.

The topic of "It's all fake" is ridiculous and ill-conceived to begin with, which is why I'm still seeking some valid justification for it, because pulled punches and booked finishes is by no means "all" of pro-wrestling.

And Ric Flair is still wrestling because he is popular with wrestling fans, he gets them to come to events and he can help WWE make money - why should they waste him? If the people like seeing Ric Flair in matches, why should they be denied simply because you don't think he's up to it? Of course he's past his prime, but that doesn't mean he can't be used effectively from time to time.
Sun 18/09/05 at 02:08
Regular
"lopess"
okay if the topic is it's all fake then what the hell are we are supposed to talk about and what i ment is that is now that he is older he lacking the wrestling why doesn't he just sit the hell down.
Sun 18/09/05 at 02:01
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Coatsy wrote:
> Jim of Honor wrote:
>
> What a shame... another troglodyte to
> dispose of.
>
> A little grammar and punctuation goes a long way, my poorly-educated
> friend.
>
> There is one thing that really annoys me, and that is poor argument
> technique. Jim of Honor, and indeed, many of the people in these
> forums know no way to argue other than to insult. Instead of debating
> the matter properly, you instead attack a person directly, implying
> they're inferior to you, poorly-educated or just plain stupid. This
> style of arguing gives the impression that you can't defend you
> viewpoint so you simply attack the other person. In a way, that means
> lopes has won. If you truly want to defend WWE or indeed anything
> else, why not actually talk about it, rather than your opponent's
> mental capacity.

I think I'll point you directly to my point about how you don't derive pleasure from it, yet others can, which is arguing the point directly and succinctly.

On a side note, I'm glad you've felt the need to up your grammatical game for these latest posts. About time.

However, I'd also like to say that your own debating technique is quite inherently flawed, seeing as it's based upon untrue claims that could easily amount to little more than lies. In saying that I and many others on these forums don't have any other recourse to you than to point out the laziness on the keyboard, you are clearly ignoring the points made by firstly myself and then Kawada, about how landings and such are indeed not "fake", which is a sloppy term to use even in this sense.

Predetermined? Yes. Fake? Unless you can disobey the laws of gravity, I don't think so.

Declaring "It's all fake" on a WWE forum is going to have about the same effect as going onto an EastEnders or Coronation Street Forum and doing the same.

Finally, I'd just like to ask why you feel the need to either insult the intelligence of those who know it's predetermined, or spoil the enjoyment for those who don't with these declarations. Please understand that if you hadn't come on here bleating with this extremely tired routine, we'd have had absolutely no reason to reply and subsequently draw attentions to the strangely typical absences of punctuation and grammar.
Sun 18/09/05 at 01:39
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Oh and by the way, not everyone does know that it's fake. I for instance, know a few people that think it's all real and unscripted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.