GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's all fake"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/09/05 at 19:37
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
What happens on the ring it's all fake nobody can handle a heavy fat man then throwing him down whta happens on the ring its all fake and it shouldnt be real, I dont know how the blood comeout but the punches look too unreal and fake.

Your opinion
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
at first i thought coatsy was a plank, but i think he's turned out to be alright now he's learning the ropes a little (no pun intended).

lopes is still a bit of a tool for now though.

and as someone already said, "predetermined? yes. fake? no"
that's pretty much the end of the arguement.

and on that note, i'm off to training :D
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:08
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Coatsy wrote:
> Aren't you horrified that (even though it is fake) physical beating is
> a form of entertainment? Don't you feel sick when watching the
> wrestlers inflict (fake) pain on each other?

You could say the same for boxing and all other physical contact sports.

Yes at times do sit there and wince at some of the moves as they are genuine moves that will hurt, powerslams, jumping through tables and falling from the tops of cages will all hurt although wrestlers are all highly trained on how to fall correctly to minimise pain and the threat of actual physical harm. If you want to know how it's done try and catch an episode of Tough Enough where possible new wrestlers are trained up.

Thankfully few wrestlers are seriously hurt or even killed but it does happen. The last wrestler I know of who died as a result of a wrestling related injury was Chris Candido who died as a result of complications of surgery on a broken ankle that he sustained in a match. As far as actually being killed in the ring the only one I know of is Big Daddy in the 80's killing a wrestler who I believe was called King Kong Kirk after a botched big splash gave him massive internal injuries which he died of. The reason I remember this is because I had seen them both in action a few weeks before so it sticks in my memory.

You have to remember they do have a choice as to whether they wrestle or not as no-one is forcing them to do it.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I suppose you have a point.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:16
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I know its not in the context of wrestling but my point was that some of the best selling movies are horror movies or other movies that show people hurting each other.

Maybe us humans are a bunch of barbarians or maybe we just enjoy a good fight/watching people getting hurt.

But as JOH says, two consenting adults putting on a good show isnt something bad.

You have to respect wrestlers for risking their bodies to put on a show for people and then at the end of it they can be proud that they did a good job.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:10
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Yes, I sort of agree with your horror movie argument, although it is slighly out of context.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:09
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Coatsy wrote:
>

It doesnt make me feel sick, although i have never felt sick through watching something...usually through eating something...but back to the point...i think there is more skill involved than just physical beating. I dont personally enjoy watching boxing because i think its pretty boring, but with wrestling you see skill of doing moves (see AJ Styles) and also storylines to spice it up a bit (although WWE sometimes need help in that department)

I think its in the human nature to like watching people hurt each other. Dont ask me why, i just think it is!

You could also use the argument "When you see a horror movie and people are getting killed does it not make you feel sick that they are inflicting (fake) pain on each other"
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:06
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Coatsy wrote:
>
> Once again, I am not insulting, just asking.

Two (or more) consenting adults, putting on a show for audiences and earning their livings while doing so.

Doesn't make me feel sick at all - I'm glad I'm contributing to helping people get by in life.

It's just a form of physical theatre, which is something I myself enjoy taking part in in the theatre - they just happen to call their theatre an arena.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:04
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
It makes me laugh how you always get people saying "You know its fake don't you?"

I have never said to anyone "I think its real" but they always feel the need to tell me it isnt real. If i say to them "Someone got put through a table" they will say "Well its all fake"
Then if that same person goes on to say to me "Richard Hillman killed people in Coronation Street" they get funny with me if i tell them that its fake :S

Wrestling is more real than a lot of the stuff that is seen on TV nowadays in my opinion.
All of the soaps and films either have sound effects or special effects to make their fights/slaps seem more real.

Most stuff you watch on TV is fake although it doesnt stop you from enjoying it.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:00
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Aren't you horrified that (even though it is fake) physical beating is a form of entertainment? Don't you feel sick when watching the wrestlers inflict (fake) pain on each other?

Once again, I am not insulting, just asking.
Sun 18/09/05 at 10:53
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Coatsy wrote:
> All right. Even though it is fake, why do you like watching wrestling.
> Notice I haven't said anything about fat men.

Because we enjoy it.

Because I like seeing athleticism, I like seeing characters excel in the ring, I like getting behind my favourite wrestlers, I like seeing a story told inside the ring.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.