GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo Soccer 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:01
Regular
"The Expert"
OPS2 Says, PES4 is the god of all football games and i think thats true real Players, Real names, Real teams, Real referee's, Real stadiums say what do you think it's the greatest football game i ever played 10/10 and the only, Bad thing is not compatible online.
Page:
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It will if companies design their games with that in mind. However, it has been created for the PES series.
Sat 23/10/04 at 12:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Good to see the commentators are as good as ever...

This time though they seem to be getting facts wrong, and are even sarcastic!

Towards the end of my last season, i was 3rd, and was playing the team in 2nd, and apparently it was a "Must win game, defeat means relegation!" Sorry Mr Brooking, your slightly wrong there.

And also, the other team had a tame shot from 20 yards, it pea-roled to the keepers arms slower than a granny in her mobility buggy, and he picked it up, and it was dubbed as a "World class save from the keeper there, they just dont know how to beat him!"

It is funny...but still...bring in Andy Gray!
Sat 23/10/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I miss my Japanese commentators from WE8.

Aiiiiiii
Sat 23/10/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
I need help... I'm sh*te at PES3... 4 doesn't arrive 'til Monday.
Sat 23/10/04 at 14:56
PES4 is easier to attack, but harder to defend, as when you play against excellent dribbling players, you tend to get completely screwed, as when dribbling it's easier to change direction.

Anyone noticed that 3 to 6 star levels are almost the same? I can lose to Chelsea on 3 star but destroy Classic England on 6 star.

Best players on the game - Maradona, Hugo Sanchez, Owen, Di Stefano, Garrincha, Finney, Vogts, and Krol.

There are probably others but I just can't play against these players, while I beat Classic Brazil every time (with all the good players in the starting eleven.) Classic Argentina is almost impossible, and in my Master League Liverpool got through the last seasdon unbeaten.
Sat 23/10/04 at 15:45
Regular
Coin wrote:
> I need help... I'm sh*te at PES3... 4 doesn't arrive 'til Monday.

Your screwed.

Seriously, if you havnt mastered PES3 theres not much hope for you.
Sat 23/10/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yay PES4 just arrived.

Snap.

Gimme a sec to get good...

:D
Sat 23/10/04 at 19:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
Any advice on how to improve?
Sat 23/10/04 at 19:12
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Good to see the commentators are as good as ever...

The revolutionary "He passed that sideways!" is hilarious.

Also, I took one crap shot from distance in the second minute, which got half blocked, but inspired Brackley to call Japan "Invicible" or some such tripe.

Also I think there's a slightly glitched sound bite. When a good shot goes just wide you get:

Brackley: "Wow, what a strike!"
overidden by Brooking: "I think some of the crowd thought thqat was in"
overidden by Brackley: "Yes, that was very close"

or something.

Anyone notice the spelling mistakes in edit mode?

Dear God, Konami couldn't even be bothered to get the word "width" spelt correctly...
Sat 23/10/04 at 19:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Coin wrote:
> Any advice on how to improve?

Play lots and lots and don't try to be FIFA ideaology driven. Know that there are various ways of passing and doing one-twos and variations on cross types.

Having a good footballing mind helps a bit too.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.