GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo Soccer 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:01
Regular
"The Expert"
OPS2 Says, PES4 is the god of all football games and i think thats true real Players, Real names, Real teams, Real referee's, Real stadiums say what do you think it's the greatest football game i ever played 10/10 and the only, Bad thing is not compatible online.
Page:
Fri 05/11/04 at 19:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh, PS2 version is greatar.

Much, much greatar.

Greatar.

(Also, you're gonna use a joypad or what?)
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:48
Regular
26th for PC.

:'{
Not long now!11
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That double tap cross is great.

Another header... I'm the best at this now.
Fri 05/11/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just scored an excellent volley... chipped the ball through and BAM.

1-0
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:33
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Been having a go, but its quite hard to score the volleys, most of my efforts so far are probably still on there way to the moon....
Thu 04/11/04 at 22:39
Regular
Only scored my first volley on PES4 today. Used to score them all the time on 3, but just seem to ram them into orbit on this game usually.

The volley came from a double tap cross from cruyff, and De Stefano scissor kicked from the penalty spot into the top corner with Dida (for milan) not even moving an inch :)
Thu 04/11/04 at 18:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
On the subject of volleys:

1) Use double tap crosses or flick on headers to set them up.

2) Move your player towards the ball so it is hard for the ball to land at his feet.

3) Let go of square before the ball arrives.

I would just add that they are far, far harder to do in PES4 as the computer prefers to shin or knee it in, or go for a diving toe poke.
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:25
Regular
Not long for the PC version now.

Woo.

The thing I love about having PES for PC is how it's easily customisable - like, absolutely everything.
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Reynolds wrote:
> Pro hasn't been getting a look in since i got GTA San Andreas, but i'm
> not going to let it gather dust of the shelf that's for sure!

Yeah, I've not touched it since getting San Andreas either, but in the long run it's going to last me until next October, when PES5 is released, while I really doubt San Andreas has that amount of playability.

GTA's good, but PES4 is far better.
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Anyone scoring goals on the volley? Its the one part of the game i
> have never really use, or have ever really mastered.

Don't have Pro Evo 4 yet, but I've scored quite a few volleys in PES3. Taller players are better for that, as often if the ball comes in at what would be head height for a normal player, it's too low for them so they go for the volley. Jan Koller is a good example of what I mean, I have one or two replays saved of him scoring astounding volleys.

Doesn't always hit the target, mind.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.