GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kanye West - My new hero"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
In light of the recent devastation down in New Orleans, and Bush's slowness in responding with anything other than flying over in a helicopter and hugging a couple of folks in Mississippi, NBC broadcast a benefit/donation show with loads of stars asking for help to be donated.
All goes well, donations come in.

Until Mike Myers & Kanye West do their bit in the studio.
Myers explaining what has happened, the destruction and lives lost.
Kanye West's turn comes up and he deviates from the autocue and delivers an unscripted outburst criticising Bush and the government for not doing anything in a system that "is set up to help the poor and the blacks as slowly as posisble" and pointing out that a third of the National Gaurd are in Iraq anyway, and that "they've given them permission to go down and shoot us"
Myers looking off-camera with a "Help" expression before attempting to steer it back on course, before West delivers his final statement. Cameras cut away to Chris Rock looking unprepared.

This segment was cut from the repeated broadcast by NBC who felt that "one persons comments shouldn't overshadow this tragedy"
Bear in mind that Kanye West was the biggest selling rap/RnB artist of last year and has a new album out to promote.
And he's risked that to deliver a genuinely angry, outraged statement that an awful lot of people are thinking but nobody is saying on the television.

Watch, enjoy and pass along as the largest selling recording Artist of 2004 alienates the Christian right-wing element of America by simply refusing to play along and speaking from his heart.
Outstanding and I'm buying his album purely to support somebody willing to risk **EDITED FOR THE BONUS OF BLANK** minor financial loss in the short term but possible gain when balanced against the projected earnings from previously unaware members of the public who wish to support somebody speaking out on National Television*** because they cant sit back and say nothing

[URL]http://gorillamask.net/kanyebush.shtml[/URL]
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:43
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> Made me laugh when Chris Rock asked people to send over trucks, did
> he mean the people as in us? Or was he talking to Bush?
>
> How can we afford to send over trucks?

Don't be so selfish. There are people over there who need your trucks.
They're forced to loot / look for food (depending on their colour) and you won't even send your trucks over there. I'm ashamed.

And send over your water too. Preferable in your truck.

Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Thank you
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:44
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Maybe I'm wrong here, but AREN'T Y'ALL MISSING THE *(^(ING POINT?!!?

Name someone, anyone, else in the public eye who has made the point West did.

It's okay; I'll wait here while you look.

You done? Okay; he's the first public figure to have stated that there is racism (at worst) or sheer, uncaring greed (at best) behind the p!ss poor response to the Hurricane, no? Despite the fact that you, me...hell, everyone was thinking it, he's the only one who had the balls to address the pink elephant in the room.

A turn of phrase was used; and rather than zero in on the simple fact that West's scrotum is quite obviously bigger than that of most, you zero in on the "Financial ruin? Surely shome mishtake..."

Jesus, it's like dealing with the Discworld wizards...(and I mean that in a mainly complementary fashion)
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Light wrote:
> Jesus, it's like dealing with the Discworld wizards...

Man, you just fell off the edge of the cliff of my estimation...
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mr Snuggly wrote:

> Man, you just fell off the edge of the cliff of my estimation...

Heh. Hey, I've never denied my utter geekiness. And, off topic for one post only, Pratchett is superb.
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Light wrote:
> You done? Okay; he's the first public figure to have stated that
> there is racism (at worst) or sheer, uncaring greed (at best) behind
> the p!ss poor response to the Hurricane, no? Despite the fact that
> you, me...hell, everyone was thinking it, he's the only one who had
> the balls to address the pink elephant in the room.

Didn't the New Orleans mayor speak out about the way the government has treated the whole situation?

> A turn of phrase was used; and rather than zero in on the simple fact
> that West's scrotum is quite obviously bigger than that of most, you
> zero in on the "Financial ruin? Surely shome mishtake..."

Well, what do you expect me to say? "Yeah, good job Kanye." Who wants to read that thirty times over? As I've said, it's pretty much a given that he's had the balls to say what millions are thinking over this.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:13
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Blank wrote:

> Didn't the New Orleans mayor speak out about the way the government
> has treated the whole situation?

He said that the response was inadequate. What he didn't say was "This is down to racism in the government, and the war in Iraq."

Bit of a difference, no?

> Well, what do you expect me to say? "Yeah, good job Kanye."
> Who wants to read that thirty times over? As I've said, it's pretty
> much a given that he's had the balls to say what millions are
> thinking over this.

A given? What, because he's an outspoken Black man?

Guess what; there are a hell of a lot of outspoken men and women of every hue in America. I didn't hear a single other person say a (^()ing word. He did. AFTERWARDS, one could also hear Jesse Jackson speaking out. Not to mention the governor.

Jesus Christ, no I don't expect everyone to go "Yeah, good job man". What I'm absolutely gobsmacked over is the desire to nitpick over a turn of phrase that wasn't even anything to do with West in the first place; came from Goatboy. On the other hand, you don't even seem to accept that what he did was courageous, or even noteworthy. Needless to say, I don't agree with you.

What I'm trying to say is, upon reading of an act of singular courage, your only response was "Well...I don't think he'll be ruined. What do you mean by ruined exactly?". I'm sure it didn't mean to come across this way, but it just sounded petty on your part. Just my opinion.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:14
Regular
Kanye West's outburst has definitely opened old wounds in a society where the majority wants peace. His little speech is unfortunate for the US in a time where we need to all work together in an effort for recovery, because it incited more issues in an already devastated circumstance.

He was not helping anyone.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It's always good to see someone speak with some emotion rather than follow a stupid autocue. Good on him, not enough people speak out in America.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:25
Regular
That's because most of them are brain washed.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Light wrote:
> He said that the response was inadequate. What he didn't say was
> "This is down to racism in the government, and the war in
> Iraq."
>
> Bit of a difference, no?

I thought he mentioned Iraq. Doesn't make a great deal of difference to the point here anyway.

> A given? What, because he's an outspoken Black man?

Erm.....no! It's nothing to do with the colour of his skin, I've said nothing of the sort anywhere in this thread. It's a given because of the scale of what he's done; the people he's accusing of racism, the most powerful people in the world, and, as you say, that no one else has said what he did.

> Jesus Christ, no I don't expect everyone to go "Yeah, good job
> man". What I'm absolutely gobsmacked over is the desire to
> nitpick over a turn of phrase that wasn't even anything to do with
> West in the first place; came from Goatboy. On the other hand, you
> don't even seem to accept that what he did was courageous, or even
> noteworthy. Needless to say, I don't agree with you.

Like I said, I took it as a given. It was the point of the entire original post after all, neither you or I could possibly have missed it. All I meant by my post was "Yes, I agree, but let's not get carried away here."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.