GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kanye West - My new hero"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
In light of the recent devastation down in New Orleans, and Bush's slowness in responding with anything other than flying over in a helicopter and hugging a couple of folks in Mississippi, NBC broadcast a benefit/donation show with loads of stars asking for help to be donated.
All goes well, donations come in.

Until Mike Myers & Kanye West do their bit in the studio.
Myers explaining what has happened, the destruction and lives lost.
Kanye West's turn comes up and he deviates from the autocue and delivers an unscripted outburst criticising Bush and the government for not doing anything in a system that "is set up to help the poor and the blacks as slowly as posisble" and pointing out that a third of the National Gaurd are in Iraq anyway, and that "they've given them permission to go down and shoot us"
Myers looking off-camera with a "Help" expression before attempting to steer it back on course, before West delivers his final statement. Cameras cut away to Chris Rock looking unprepared.

This segment was cut from the repeated broadcast by NBC who felt that "one persons comments shouldn't overshadow this tragedy"
Bear in mind that Kanye West was the biggest selling rap/RnB artist of last year and has a new album out to promote.
And he's risked that to deliver a genuinely angry, outraged statement that an awful lot of people are thinking but nobody is saying on the television.

Watch, enjoy and pass along as the largest selling recording Artist of 2004 alienates the Christian right-wing element of America by simply refusing to play along and speaking from his heart.
Outstanding and I'm buying his album purely to support somebody willing to risk **EDITED FOR THE BONUS OF BLANK** minor financial loss in the short term but possible gain when balanced against the projected earnings from previously unaware members of the public who wish to support somebody speaking out on National Television*** because they cant sit back and say nothing

[URL]http://gorillamask.net/kanyebush.shtml[/URL]
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:15
The thing is, they *should* have been able to look after themselves, and more specifically, handled this crisi effectively. Problem is, half of the local National Guard were off in Iraq being patriotic, leaving their own to die off in nautral disasters.

Of course, they won't see them as their "own"; they're black and poor, after all.
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Mr Snuggly wrote:

> Am I racist and going to hell?

Yes
And I'll be joining you.
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:23
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:

> Similar natural disaster in the USA (although not nearly on the same
> scale), but have I felt like I absolutely must contribute? No, not
> really. It's odd, almost like I feel like America should be able to
> take care of themselves.

I have the same feelings.

When I see them appealing for food and water, I can't help but feel that America really have the means to help out their own citizens already. It's not that I don't feel sorry for the people and want to help, but this is a country who frequently boast of their wealth.

To think that they can fund blockbuster movies and fund the so called 'war on terror'. But they don't seem to be able to help their own citizens in times of crisis, it's quite disgusting to be honest.

I noticed an article the other day saying that Europe were sending the US a large quantity of their oil reserves. I guess Iraq really didn't go to plan then....
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:29
Goatboy wrote:
> webmong

Why do you always think yourself oh-so-clever when you glue words together to create some sort of insult
You do it all the time
it's rubbish
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
lcarus wrote:
> Of course, they won't see them as their "own"; they're
> black and poor, after all.

It's not like the average soldier comes from a rich white family, most are just as poor.

Bill Clinton calling for an inquiry into how it's all been handled, Clinton for president again, forget that stupid 2 term rule :-D
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:36
Light wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong here, but AREN'T Y'ALL MISSING THE *(^(ING POINT?!!?

Just because they weren't discussing that certain point doesn't mean they were missing it. Just because they were talking about another related point doesn't mean they missed "THE *(^(ING POINT" that you claim they are
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:51
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Join the club: [URL]http://branchesofyggdrasil.blogspot.com/2005/09/today-my-hero-is.html[/URL]
Mon 05/09/05 at 19:55
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Strange to see USA appealing to other nations for help.

Thought they could have afforded to clear it up themselves, then again they're probably broke from the Iraq war.
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:32
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Kore wrote:
> Kanye West's outburst has definitely opened old wounds in a society
> where the majority wants peace. His little speech is unfortunate
> for
> the US in a time where we need to all work together in an effort for
> recovery, because it incited more issues in an already devastated
> circumstance.
>
> He was not helping anyone.
>
> So you'd rather go on ignoring the issues, as long as people (mainly
> in the upper class) appear to be happy.

No, I'm not ignoring any issues with regard to the recovery of that locale. I'm not blindsighted to the fact that there is racism all over the world, not only in my backyard. However, what I see (especially in this thread) is that a lot of ignorant people would like to believe that it is a racism issue, not in fact a bureaucratic one, for not getting aide to those folks expidited in a timely fashion. Who can blame you really when there's so much mistrust toward the Bush administration to begin with.. Honestly, I think the "race card" would have been thrown down regardless of which party was in office. The liberals are still around and still have a voice in congress. I didn't see them jumping off their ass to push through the money to aid the gulf either.

I see Kanye West as being extreme and what he spewed is not the overall sentiment of all Americans. There's no one trying to veil the fact that there is racism, but screaming it everytime there's disapproval in how the administration choses to resolve the circumstance to get your way, is just wrong.
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm in the same boat as Snuggly.
Whilst it's a damn shame etc, a part of me thinks "Well, you're the richest, most powerful supernation on earth as you keep telling everybody. You sneered at the UN during the Iraq buildup and you're imposing your brand of fantasticness on the world. So let's see you help yourself. Let's see just how powerful and mighty you really are before I subscribe to your worldview. Sort your own backyard out before telling every other country what to do"

Oh and Azul, if you read carefully, I was referring to myself.
And language is an ever evolving thing, so making up words is our wont and right.
Nyah nyah nyah

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.