GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kanye West - My new hero"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
In light of the recent devastation down in New Orleans, and Bush's slowness in responding with anything other than flying over in a helicopter and hugging a couple of folks in Mississippi, NBC broadcast a benefit/donation show with loads of stars asking for help to be donated.
All goes well, donations come in.

Until Mike Myers & Kanye West do their bit in the studio.
Myers explaining what has happened, the destruction and lives lost.
Kanye West's turn comes up and he deviates from the autocue and delivers an unscripted outburst criticising Bush and the government for not doing anything in a system that "is set up to help the poor and the blacks as slowly as posisble" and pointing out that a third of the National Gaurd are in Iraq anyway, and that "they've given them permission to go down and shoot us"
Myers looking off-camera with a "Help" expression before attempting to steer it back on course, before West delivers his final statement. Cameras cut away to Chris Rock looking unprepared.

This segment was cut from the repeated broadcast by NBC who felt that "one persons comments shouldn't overshadow this tragedy"
Bear in mind that Kanye West was the biggest selling rap/RnB artist of last year and has a new album out to promote.
And he's risked that to deliver a genuinely angry, outraged statement that an awful lot of people are thinking but nobody is saying on the television.

Watch, enjoy and pass along as the largest selling recording Artist of 2004 alienates the Christian right-wing element of America by simply refusing to play along and speaking from his heart.
Outstanding and I'm buying his album purely to support somebody willing to risk **EDITED FOR THE BONUS OF BLANK** minor financial loss in the short term but possible gain when balanced against the projected earnings from previously unaware members of the public who wish to support somebody speaking out on National Television*** because they cant sit back and say nothing

[URL]http://gorillamask.net/kanyebush.shtml[/URL]
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
In light of the recent devastation down in New Orleans, and Bush's slowness in responding with anything other than flying over in a helicopter and hugging a couple of folks in Mississippi, NBC broadcast a benefit/donation show with loads of stars asking for help to be donated.
All goes well, donations come in.

Until Mike Myers & Kanye West do their bit in the studio.
Myers explaining what has happened, the destruction and lives lost.
Kanye West's turn comes up and he deviates from the autocue and delivers an unscripted outburst criticising Bush and the government for not doing anything in a system that "is set up to help the poor and the blacks as slowly as posisble" and pointing out that a third of the National Gaurd are in Iraq anyway, and that "they've given them permission to go down and shoot us"
Myers looking off-camera with a "Help" expression before attempting to steer it back on course, before West delivers his final statement. Cameras cut away to Chris Rock looking unprepared.

This segment was cut from the repeated broadcast by NBC who felt that "one persons comments shouldn't overshadow this tragedy"
Bear in mind that Kanye West was the biggest selling rap/RnB artist of last year and has a new album out to promote.
And he's risked that to deliver a genuinely angry, outraged statement that an awful lot of people are thinking but nobody is saying on the television.

Watch, enjoy and pass along as the largest selling recording Artist of 2004 alienates the Christian right-wing element of America by simply refusing to play along and speaking from his heart.
Outstanding and I'm buying his album purely to support somebody willing to risk **EDITED FOR THE BONUS OF BLANK** minor financial loss in the short term but possible gain when balanced against the projected earnings from previously unaware members of the public who wish to support somebody speaking out on National Television*** because they cant sit back and say nothing

[URL]http://gorillamask.net/kanyebush.shtml[/URL]
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
But he's black!

Only joking. I read about this, saw the headline 'Kanye West attacks Bush at benefit' and was disappointed to see it was only a verbal assault. Wonder if he'll get the same kind of response that the Dixie Chicks did ie. almost run out of town?
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Mozzy"
You forgot to put the '/' before the URL btw. (Nevermind, you've editted)

I saw this last night, and posted it in the Hip Hop Thread. I vote Kanye President of the US.

Wooo!

Made me laugh when Chris Rock asked people to send over trucks, did he mean the people as in us? Or was he talking to Bush?

How can we afford to send over trucks?

It's good that Kanye West and MM did this though, it's definately going to convince people to donate.

Bush is a racist.
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:07
Regular
"\\"
MM had no part in it at all.

He was probably stood there thinking "Noooooooooo". He managed to mask it pretty well though (at least until Kanye said his last line).
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Couldn't watch the clip, for some reason Windows Media crashes my PC.

I can't see that he's risking "complete financial ruin" though. Maybe a couple of million less copies of his next album will be sold, which amounts to quite a lot probably, but he's still got it made. And then there's the fact that people like you will be buying his album due to the outburst. I don't think he'll come out of it too badly at all.
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
***edit***

Nope
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:12
Regular
Blank wrote:
> I can't see that he's risking "complete financial ruin"
> though. Maybe a couple of million less copies of his next album will
> be sold, which amounts to quite a lot probably, but he's still got it
> made. And then there's the fact that people like you will be buying
> his album due to the outburst. I don't think he'll come out of it too
> badly at all.

Naive or stupid? Vote now.....

This was what a lot of people were thinking.

Jesse Jackson said the same thing yesterday, without criticising Bush by name on the BBC yesterday.

These people deserve a lot of respect for actually standing up for what they believe.

I was already liking Gold Digger and can't get it out of my head, I'm guessing Kanye deserves the support for realising freedom of speech is more than saying something, or not, just to make money.
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think that's Chris Tucker not Chris Rock, pretty funny look on his face though when it cuts back.
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Bonus wrote:
> Naive or stupid? Vote now.....

You think this guy's actually going to go bankrupt? I just can't see it.
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Blank wrote:
> You think this guy's actually going to go bankrupt? I just can't see
> it.
-----

Petty? Yep.
Focusing on one point from a webmong who can't predict the future earnings of a stranger? Yep
Missing the point? Yep

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.