GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"360 > PS3"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/08/05 at 23:42
Regular
According to teamxbox.com, reporting on an inquirer article.

[URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/[/URL]
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:45
Regular
How can your post be taken seriously Game?

ther have been more Mario games and spin offs than any EA game. To claim that somethings bad, just vbecasue it's been serialised blows up if you try to say it's bad just becasue it's not on a Nintendo console when Nintendo have more serialised franchises than anyone else.

Ea are just trying to get to what Nintendo have that way and Ea don't have the strong characterisation of Nintendo to rely on.

Smash Bros is good every now and again with 4 people and that's all. As a single player game, it's limieted. Same with Mario Kart. And Mario and Zelda just weren't that good.

You know what you're going to get from Nintendo when the revolution comes around. Another Mario game, another Zelda game, probably more Pokemon games, another Mario Kart etc. etc.

Only the Ps3 and the 360 will offer new titles because publishers will have more chance of making their money back on those platforms as they will have a larger installed user-base.

Nintendo's user-base is shrinking, along with the propsect of anyone but the largest publishers and developers making games for their system.

So I don't think you've thought through what you tried to say, or at least said what you wanted to properly ;).
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:18
Regular
I, for one am looking forward to the Revolution. Sure, I will be buying a Xbox 360, but I will also get the Revolution when it comes out. Why? Because Nintendo are hopefully going to make something refreshing, and I'm looking forward to online play and all the fantastic franchises. I'm getting the 360 simply because of all the class developers making games for it: Rare, Bioware, Bungie, Epic, Id and Lionhead Studios etc..

So all in all, I'll be getting the best of both worlds.
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:13
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Mozzy wrote:

> I mean, why would you want to touch a DS when you can touch yourself?
> Why would you want to poke dogs on Nintendogs when you can poke a REAL
> dog?

!!!!!!!!!!(!)

Everyone just take slow steps back whilst keeping eye contact... NO. Sudden. Movements.
Sun 04/09/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Mozzy"
Dringo, you say the Xbox 360 and PS3 are the same old but the new things that Nintendo do dont seem to appeal to me.

I mean, why would you want to touch a DS when you can touch yourself? Why would you want to poke dogs on Nintendogs when you can poke a REAL dog?
Sun 04/09/05 at 16:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I like Nintendo games. Me and my HALO lads played Smash Bros Melee the other week and it was a great laugh. Also, with franchises like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros, Starfox, Donkey Kong, Pokémon, Pikmin and the like you know there'll be some ace games released.

You can always pick holes in the latest 'BIG RELEASE', but with Nintendo games, that strive to do nothing but 'be fun', you can't complain. The production value is often excellent, morally the games are good. To be honest, i'm having reservations about the 360. I admit it'll be a good machine and i'm quite excited about PD0 and HALO 3, but they're not going to be ground breaking.

I genuinely hope that the Revolution rocks the house when it comes out and everyone goes mad for it. It's about time the games industry got a kick up the ass. How many Need for Speeds are we on? Splinter Cell 5 announced?! Fifa 4092? I admit Nintendo release sequels, but at least they tend to put a lot of effort or freshness into them.

Plus, if Nintendo play their Nintendo Online card well (With most games having multi-player online play) they'll absolutely own!
Sun 04/09/05 at 13:58
Regular
Nintendo haven't yet learned that the tactics and ways of the early Ninties which helped them be bigger than Sega don't work anymore.

They seem to have not noticed that the internet has given gamers much easier access to information, much more quickly than monthly mags.

The only people who are going to be interested in their new console are the people who actually liked the Cube.

There are a few of them, but each generation a few more get disillusioned with Nintendo and decide they'd rather have more choice and better immersion in the console itself through websites and online mags such as IGN.
Sun 04/09/05 at 13:32
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> X-box 360 = same old, PS3 = same old... I hope to God Nintendo's new
> idea isn't just a retarded attempt at being different and is genuinly
> good.

If something's not broke, why fix it?

Nintendo seem to think that by alienating themselves from 3rd parties and adding needless 'innovations, they're gonna suceed.

"We got a weally innovative controller, we not show you though because it's a secwet"

F**k off then, I'll just buy a 360.

"But you cran pray lot of crassic game on Revolution"

That's supposed to sell the console is it?

Nintendo are just digging themselves deeper and deeper. Most people out there don't even consider them a competitior in the next generation of consoles.
Sun 04/09/05 at 13:27
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> There's so many clones nipping at GTA's heels: sooner or later one is
> going to beat GTA at it's own game (quite possibly by simply being
> "GTA online").

The style of GTA and sense of humour mean it beats all these dull clones 100000000/1 everytime
Sun 04/09/05 at 00:45
Regular
Oh a post about how up to date the 360 is... or ahead of its time... or...

wait I don't care. It won't make the games any better.

X-box 360 = same old, PS3 = same old... I hope to God Nintendo's new idea isn't just a retarded attempt at being different and is genuinly good.

Cause otherwise I might have to turn into one of those "retro gamers".
Sun 04/09/05 at 00:15
Regular
Game wrote:
> This PSP is crap... why the hell is the analoge so hard to reach...
> it's genuinely more comfortable upside down...

Why not just rest your thumb on it straight instead of trying to bend the tip to fit......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.