GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"360 > PS3"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/08/05 at 23:42
Regular
According to teamxbox.com, reporting on an inquirer article.

[URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/[/URL]
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Hedfix wrote:
> Not if the gameplay's better.

Hear hear.

The controls in the GTA III engine were pap. Running was often erratic and jerky. I admire the scope of the game and what it accomplished, but it was too ambitious. The frame-rate on GTA: SA was laughable and the pop-in.. OMFL!!
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:25
Regular
Wind Waker could have been a lot better. I loved the on land sections (mostly) and the sailing was ok...however got a bit monotonous. The final fight was too too easy though. Only took one attempt.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Bonus wrote:

> I can deny Wind Waker was challenging because it wasn't. I can also
> disagree with it being well made because i dont think it was
> particularly well designed from a travelling around the game world
> point of view.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me you're joking?

The boat, the music, the weather, the Day-Night system, the treasure, EVERYTHING about travelling was fun. It was fun going from island to island, finsing stuff, speaking to the fish, building your chartered waters map and solving the clues.

Plus, Wind Waker may not have been hard, per se... but some bits were challenging - just not enough to get you annoyed and break a pad! The game was visually pleasing, the music was untouchable and you could almost explore limitlessly. There were mini-games, races, decent boss battles. The level of humour was good. I can't believe how anyone could NOT like Wind Waker... it was such a fun game.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:02
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> The style of GTA and sense of humour mean it beats all these dull
> clones 100000000/1 everytime

Not if the gameplay's better.
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:58
Regular
EA dont make all their own games either. F1 for instance is made in Dundee by Visual Sciences.

I can deny Wind Waker was challenging because it wasn't. I can also disagree with it being well made because i dont think it was particularly well designed from a travelling around the game world point of view.
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:35
Regular
OXM did an article a bit back saying that GTA4 is coming to the 360 before the PS3, old Bill's been signing a deal with Rockstar. Hopefully it isn't just gossip. *Crosses fingers*

I've been hearing about this Hot Coffee Mod lately, I know it's something to do with sex between CJ and someone but am a little shaky on what else it does, whether it's activated by modding and just general information.

Anyone?
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:02
Regular
Game, don't bother getting a PS3 to play GTA4, you know it will come out on 360.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Bonus wrote:

> So I don't think you've thought through what you tried to say, or at
> least said what you wanted to properly ;).

Possibly the latter, I was thinking more first party Nintendo stuff. Tennis, Golf, Baseball and 'Soccer' were all/are being made by other SDHs.

Also, while Nintendo do make sequels, as I accepted, they're often of a higher quality that those of EA and other publishers. Zelda, I loved; the style, the comedy value the sense of adventure. It wasn't overly hard, but it was still epic, challenging and so very diverse. Whether or not you liked Zelda, you 'cannae' [;)] deny that it was deep, clever and extremely well made... this just isn't the case with 95% of sequels released.

If the revolution pad is as revolutionary as they say, and Peter Molyneuz (Legend) was impressed, then it should open the doors for a lot more innovation. I understand that games like LAIR, Huxley, Gears of War, and i-8 (Insomnias's effort?) could well be good games, but they won't do much new. You'll move your man/dragon/warrior with the LTS and shoot/eat/blow up people with Y/A/LT/LB, etc.

You have to understand that aside from graphics and characters on screen and the size of games, the XBOX 360 and PS3 won't change how we play games. You'll use a conventional pad that'll do what pads do now, only they'll do it fancier.

I'm all for the next-gen stuff. I'll get a 360 and maybe a PS3 if GTA4 is any good. But for around £150, the Revolution would be stupid to pass up.... especially if it's revolutionary.
Sun 04/09/05 at 19:04
Regular
Wind Waker was average.

Nothing innovative about it.

It was decent enough until the tir-force pieces saga, which is when it became tedious and a chore to play.
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:54
Regular
Zelda wasn't good? It was amazing, and just you wait till TP comes out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.