GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A-Level and AS Level Results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 23:54
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Hope it goes well for everyone

*gets nervous*
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:36
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
As truthful as that may be Blim, its just the way i am. I could probably change, but i doubt i will, too much effort to waste preventing myself making crap jokes and ridiculoous comments.
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You're so mean.
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:32
Yeah but the thing is, merm consistently appears to be highly intelligent, whereas you appear to be really, really, really stupid.
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Memorandum! wrote:
> One of them was General Studies?
> You didn't get 5 As then, you got 4.
>
> I got AAAA, yer.

yeah fair point Mem. we got 4As. YAY

*dances*
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:14
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> can seek solice in a haze of numbers and figures.

That's it precisely, spot on! I mentioned the misconceptions about maths and this is the most common one, the idea that maths is numbers and figures. There are always figures somewhere I suppose, but you rarely see them or use them. Pages of "maths" are usually comprised of english words, greek letters and technical terms which may not appear in the dictionary.

> I don't feel it is fair that every pupil is forced to take it along
> with English and every Univesity requires a decent result in it.

There are strong links between mathematical ability and things like logical thinking, puzzle solving and memory. There are plenty of people who don't find maths their cup of tea and are supremely talented at other things such as arts, languages and more physical skills, so its not criticism, but universities are likely to want some kind of maths background for certain subjects, especially if they involve the things I mentioned above.

I've realized now that I'm probably spending a little too much time praising maths. Everyone has a talent of some kind, usually not maths and often that's a good thing, if you don't like maths or it never suited you then its nothing to worry about it - leave it to the strange people. My point was just that those who are doing maths shouldn't worry that there is nothing you can do with maths, there are plenty of avenues available.

Also, Wookiee, have you tried feeding your cat lemon or some kind of perfume?
Fri 19/08/05 at 12:53
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Got into Sussex. Very happy.
Fri 19/08/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think some people are born for Maths and can seek solice in a haze of numbers and figures.

I don't feel it is fair that every pupil is forced to take it along with English and every Univesity requires a decent result in it. I was good at Maths and it enjoyed it to the extent that when I got an question right I would go 'hurrah'.

I've forgotten everything I learned at Higher, so much that I can't help my brother at it at all.
Fri 19/08/05 at 11:47
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> For example, is anybody else interested in Tracking Control with
> Prescribed Transient Behaviour for Nonlinear Systems of Known
> Relative Degree?

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Fri 19/08/05 at 11:21
Regular
"back in my day, A levels meant having to suck your teachers testicles to retrieve a good grade"

I wonder if this statement is correct.
Fri 19/08/05 at 09:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
ssxpro wrote:
> Was there no offer, or did you have to do a step paper or something?

I did one of them in July. Step2. Worst 3hours ever, doing an exam that had no bearing in whether I got into the Uni of my choice. But the other guy who did the same paper, could have used it to get into the Uni he wanted to go to. In the end I got grade 3, which was one step from failing and he got unclassified. Top results there then. In fairness tho', it was my Birthday the day before and he's a total ass.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.