GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England loosing 3-0 to Denmark"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 20:33
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
it just happened the danes scored three in a row in under 5 mins

why.........?
Fri 19/08/05 at 19:09
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I agree about wright-phillips, but the only half decent right-backs are glen johnson and the ageing gary neville.
Fri 19/08/05 at 18:47
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'm not sure of having Wright-Phillips on the right flank without a rightback behind him. Cole would be alright as he's a defender and is used to defending aswell as attaking.

The only player I can think of who could do the same as Cole but on the right is Glen Johnson, but he won't be getting first team football for Chelsea, so that idea is scrapped.

EDIT: Also if you have 3 centre backs, you won't need a a defensive midfielder really.
Fri 19/08/05 at 18:33
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I like the idea of having wright-philips and cole just down the left side, thats what the brazilians do with carlos and cafu or cicinho. i still think we need a defensive midfielder if lampard and gerrard are to be at their clinical best.
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:58
Regular
I thought Neville played rather well against Denmark actually, although I do concede that he hasn't been his sharpest at Man Utd recently and I am slightly worried about how good he will be next summer when another year older.

If we had three of Terry, Campbell, Ferdinand, Carragher and Woodgate as central defenders, with Ashley Cole playing a fairly attacking left-back role, with the entire left-flank to himself, then we would actually look very solid at the back, and it would give us extra protection against wingers.

Beckham could play inside, just behind Gerrard and Lampard, with Shaun Wright-Phillips allowed to roam up and down the entire right-wing as he so wishes. Then you would have Owen as your main striker and Rooney just off him, given more of a free role across that final third as he has at Man Utd.

It's quite an unorthodox formation, but I think it could actually work rather well. Rooney would be the key - he'd have to give support to Ashley Cole on the left, and Shaun Wright-Phillips on the right when needed, but also service Michael Owen centrally.
Fri 19/08/05 at 12:01
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I know but kirkland should have been in the squad.

As for cole, I think maybe cole could play in left midfield, but england would play better if we had 3 central defenders and a defensive midfielder as lampard and gerrard only play well if there is a defensive midfielder behind them, and we have 6 or 7 good centre-backs, and no right-back, neville and johnson are both not good enough to be wearing an england jersey.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:14
Regular
Kirkland wasn't in the squad.

And don't you think Ashley Cole deserves his place?
Thu 18/08/05 at 21:19
"LOLLERSKATES!"
england need to have five midfielders.

we need robinson or kirkland in goal,
3 centre defenders, terry, campbell and ferdinand
carrick or parker in defensive midfield
then downing or richardson on the left, beckham or shaun w-p on the right
and gerrard and lampard in front of them
with rooney and owen or defoe up front.

oh, and allardyce as manager.

also, aginst denmark, why bring on david james and not kirkland?????
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:34
Regular
Eh?

Newcastle haven't signed Keane have they?
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:32
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Tottenham never have any balance in their squad, there's always one area that's lacking any decent talent and when they get a good area of the field they wreck it (Keane to Newcastle is a disaster)
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:08
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Shrimper wrote:
> As the old saying goes never give your age on chat forums!
Don't forget "Never eat yellow snow" or "You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but if it can play central midfield Tottenham will sign him"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.