GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mikey-Watch"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/08/05 at 12:00
Regular
Another thread on Mikey, true. But I have to keep my hopes up. Losing my favourite 'Pool striker is a blow that can only be softened with the return of the only 'Pool player I have loved more than him. Mikey is on his way back - that's what The Times seems to think:

[URL]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,428-1736832,00.html[/URL]

Read that in my paper this morning before my run, and then amused myself by thinking of Mikey while running (not in a gay way).

Stevie says he'll talk to him in the England training camp. No-one can turn down Stevie. No man, no woman.
Page:
Fri 19/08/05 at 19:21
Regular
:-(

I thought the 4-5-1 was temporary since Crouch was injured and Baros is leaving.

Surely if Mikey comes back Rafa won't leave Cisse, Morientes and Crouch on the bench?
Fri 19/08/05 at 19:15
"LOLLERSKATES!"
But why did benitez buy crouch as a holding attacker if he already has morientes?? Fair enough you can have two flair strikers like cisse or owen, but you can't have two strikers holding up the ball. At least they got rid of the terrible emile heskey. :) Liverpool would certainly be an improved outfit with owen up front, I don't think there is any doubt about that, especially as real madrid have raul, ronaldo, baptista and robinho above him in the madrid strikeforce peking order.
Fri 19/08/05 at 19:10
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> QuAgMiRe wrote:
> Liverpool definately do not need a centre-back, they've got hyypia
> and the very under-rated jamie carragher, who was inspirational in
> champions league final, but liverpool do need a winger.
>
> under-rated Carra? Didn't he get player of the year?

--

:D

--

Liverpool have got enough strikers, Mav (it was you who said the 4-4-2 thing). Rafa will play 4-5-1 away from home, and probably at home if the big guns come out to play.

The problem with Rafa is that he wins stuff the boring way. I'm confident he'll have us challenging for the Premiership in a few years, but it won't be a Liverpool side most people will want to watch. That's what I'm afraid of.

People like Cisse, Baros and Owen are flair players. They use pace and skill to score goals. Rafa doesn't play like that, he wants people like Crouch and Morientes who you can punt the ball up to. That's why he'll favour Morientes over Cisse. But Cisse is the better striker.
Fri 19/08/05 at 19:05
"LOLLERSKATES!"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> QuAgMiRe wrote:
>
> Ok, Hyypia and Carragher... that's it. 5 competitions? You need at
> least 3 quality centre backs. Sami and Carra are obviously first
> choice but say one of them gets injured/suspended. Medjani and
> Whitbread, while definite first team players of the future, simply
> don't have the experience (or, let's be honest, the talent) yet
> required for them to provide real cover for them.

yeah I suppose, someone like marchena from valencia or de jong (or did he got to united)or julien escude from ajax or Lucio.
Fri 19/08/05 at 19:04
Regular
We also must remember that Hyypia is 32 - you wouldn't expect a fully fit 24 year old to play [potentially] 77 games a season.
Fri 19/08/05 at 18:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
QuAgMiRe wrote:

Ok, Hyypia and Carragher... that's it. 5 competitions? You need at least 3 quality centre backs. Sami and Carra are obviously first choice but say one of them gets injured/suspended. Medjani and Whitbread, while definite first team players of the future, simply don't have the experience (or, let's be honest, the talent) yet required for them to provide real cover for them.
Fri 19/08/05 at 18:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
QuAgMiRe wrote:

under-rated Carra? Didn't he get player of the year?
Fri 19/08/05 at 18:29
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Dringo wrote:
> No, all he is saying is that he is after a centre back and a
> winger...
>
> Baros to Villa gets him 6.5 million and Solano...
>
> That's one job done... a bit of hunting for the centre back
> department with the £6.5 million (all of which won't be
> needed).
>
> Cisse to Lyon (after failing with Baros) and Owen returns to Anfield.

Liverpool definately do not need a centre-back, they've got hyypia and the very under-rated jamie carragher, who was inspirational in champions league final, but liverpool do need a winger.
Fri 19/08/05 at 18:26
"LOLLERSKATES!"
morientes is better than cisse. crouch was a waste of £7million. he is a good player, but liverpool do not need him, even more so if they got owen. cisse is far more likely to go than morientes, because cisse was houlliers signing which means houllier is more likely to want him to go to lyon. Baros dosen't want to go to lyon, he wants to go to villa, but lyon have had an offer accepted and i think baros' main priority is to leave anfield.
Fri 19/08/05 at 18:07
Regular
No no no, you can't get rid of Cisse, he's indespensible and would be sold at a horrible loss. If another striker is to go, it would be Morientes. But still, even that is pretty unlikely. If you want to play a 4-4-2 formation across five competitions, you need four quality strikers.

Baros will be sold for at least £8M. The Liverpool board have "encouraged" Benitez to get Owen - suggesting that extra transfer funds are available for it. This indicates that Benitez still has about £20M left and if he negotiates a deal whereby he pays Owen's fee over a set period of time, he should be able to bring in a centre-half and right-winger as needed.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.