GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well whaddya know..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/08/05 at 02:43
"High polygon count"
They haven't deleted my login yet!

Oh well, while I'm here...

First off - hello all. Hope you're all having spiffingly wonderful lives. Well, most of you... ;-p

Now that's out of the way...

I have my PSP on pre-order with a certain other online retailer, and I need to get some games for it too. So any of you importers got any recommendations? I'll be buying official UK versions first off, but importers may be in a position to advise, having played the games. Yes, I have read reviews, but personal opinions can give a better balance.

What I'm thinking of so far are Ridge Racer, Mercury, Virtua Tennis, Metal Gear Acid, Ape Academy and Coded Arms. I know some of these are out in other regions, others may not be. Anyone have them and care to share their opinion?

Obviously there are a few must-have games which will be out shortly after launch (I'm thinking GT4 Mobile, Daxter and Pursuit Force specifically), but what of the current games? Is Mercury as much fun as it looks? Does Metal Gear really work as a 'card game'? How does Coded Arms play with only one analogue stick? Is Ape Academy fun? Should I choose a racer other than Ridge?

Also, as PSP is region-free for gaming, what websites would you recommend for cheap import games? Now I know some people at SR get particularly arsey about naming competitors here, even when they sell a multitude of things that SR don't... so feel free to e-mail me (about this only) - address on my profile page. And thanks in advance.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:23
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm getting mine with a 256mb card as part of the bundle. Mainly for media and the Wipeout packs. I'll get a 1gb one in October probably.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:20
"High polygon count"
Thanks Bonus.

Probably worth me buying a bigger one, then. :-)
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:19
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> On average, how much space does a PSP game save use?

Well, at the mo, Lumines uses 52kb on my card.

Wipeout, including Ghost tracks and the downloaded track packs takes up 27Mb.

With some photos and the stuff the browser stores,I have a whopping, no space left on the 32Mb card which came with the PSP.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:09
Regular
My dad could beat up yours.

(Random thought: Hey finally got around to watching scrubs DVD \o/ have you?)
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:03
"High polygon count"
On average, how much space does a PSP game save use?
Tue 16/08/05 at 13:57
Regular
You're stupider.
Tue 16/08/05 at 13:54
Regular
Hah, stupid.
Tue 16/08/05 at 13:51
Regular
Hah, sneaky - didn't see that.

Yeah, some have £11 postal, £17 insurance and some have it the other way round.

£56 is still cheap for a 1Gb though. Stupid old me paid through the ass for mine - £90.
Tue 16/08/05 at 13:48
Regular
I only saw ones with £11 insurance then £17 postal. Making it not that cheap.

EDIT: slow :(
Tue 16/08/05 at 13:47
Regular
They'll have at least £15 compulsory 'insurance' added to that aswell, so they all end up to be around £65 or something and from Jap or US.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.